Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Schaub
Switzerland
Thun
Bern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never played T.I.M.E. Stories but it intrigues me greatly.

With so much content out to date I've been wondering what the chances are that they'll make a big box edition that comes with a few expansions? I figure this might be much cheaper than buying them seperately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
emptyset wrote:
I figure this might be much cheaper than buying them seperately.

Which is the reason I don't think this will happen anytime soon. From the availability of the base game and the expansion it seems that the sales are really good at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Schaub
Switzerland
Thun
Bern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZdadrDeM wrote:
Which is the reason I don't think this will happen anytime soon.

I didn't think this would happen soon. I was wondering if it would eventually happen. I can wait a few years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
emptyset wrote:
ZdadrDeM wrote:
Which is the reason I don't think this will happen anytime soon.

I didn't think this would happen soon. I was wondering if it would eventually happen. I can wait a few years.
So your asking if someday in the distant future they might sell everything together... Yes they might and no they might not. Your welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If it helps, rumor has it that originally the base game was to include three timeline/adventures. The production version cut back to just "Asylum". "The Marcy Case" and "Under the Mask" were released as separately purchased expansions.

Regardless of the *reasons* for this decision (there were many hypotheses), the fact remains that it's how the game is distributed.

I wouldn't expect a 'big box' any time soon, nor would I assume it would be "cheaper" to purchase in that format, since if that were the intent -- the game would have launched that way. Space Cowboys seem happy with the distribution model they've settled on, and the game is generally available and should have a fairly healthy aftermarket/trade scene going on for those who want to play a scenario once and then dispose of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
If it helps, rumor has it that originally the base game was to include three timeline/adventures. The production version cut back to just "Asylum". "The Marcy Case" and "Under the Mask" were released as separately purchased expansions.

Odd, I heard just the opposite, that originally it wasn't going to include any stories at all, just the base system. Then they thought it might be a bad idea to sell a box that couldn't be played by itself so they decided to include Asylum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jono Naito
United States
Red Hook
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
All of the above is true; it was considered to come with anywhere from 0 - 3 stories at the start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.