Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike F
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Can I just check I have something right.

The large Confederate Army of Tennessee just got lucky. It caught a large Union army out of position, forced it to retreat in a dead-end of navigable rivers (at Paducah), and thus made it surrender. It leaves Cairo wide open to be seized by the Army - but the Army had better hurry because it's the final action phase before the Union rienforces Cairo.

Cairo's surrounded by enemy-controlled navigable rivers, limiting the large Army to a 1SP assault on it.

Am I right that the Confederate 1NSP river boats down by Arkansas Post can use a free naval action to sail up the hex-side between the Army and Cairo. Then, IF it wins a 1NSP fight vs the Cairo fort, it can sit there and override the Cairo fort's control of that hexside in order to let the Army attack with a full 3SPs across it ... and +1DRM for the naval support? Does that sound right?

The Confederates have some Trans Mississippi action cards (only) which I believe can't be used to give +2DRM to the naval battle, as I would need Any or Naval cards for that (plus I'm not sure positionally the 1NSP would qualify anyway).

Thanks for any pointers

(Incidentally, I hope you like the Fort counters - I've modified them to be on little wooden disks of 2mm, 4mm or 6mm height depending on the Fort strength).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That seems right. You could also run the guns past the fort to the hexside adjacent to Paducah, then move your army through Paducah across the river to attack Cairo from the north. Then you would have no limit on the size of the force you can attack with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike F
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much - a much better idea! You're such a good chap, David, for taking the time on these compicated questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.