Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Engelberg
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in getting this, but am very wary of all the errors that people have reported so far. Even in the first case, Asylum, our group was constantly taken out of the mood of the game as we debated interpretations on many ambiguous rules in the core ruleset as well as the details of the Asylum deck. The poorly worded cards really marred our enjoyment.

Is there a timeline for a fixed 2nd edition printing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
afaik not

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Wood
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I have heard. Also, I really think the "mistakes" everyone has talked about were overhyped. We played through it just fine, had a blast and won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tyrellrwood wrote:
Not that I have heard. Also, I really think the "mistakes" everyone has talked about were overhyped. We played through it just fine, had a blast and won.

^this.

It's nothing a quick read through the FAQ won't solve for you.

Not big deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be the cranky one and say wait if possible. Rules ambiguities really bother me as well and take away from the mood. I remember PoD particularly because we seemed to have more questions during it than any other scenario. As much as I truly appreciate the FAQ, I notice that it has nothing on one of the last locations of PoD where we had big difficulty and where I've seen a couple threads asking how it works.

But all that said, no it isn't that bad. You can always make a best guess about the rules and carry on. I just get worked up about playing things the way they are supposed to be played. But even being the "the worst" we still had a great time with PoD. I would wait a couple months only if the publisher confirms a revised edition is coming. But if you're like us, waiting any longer than that for the next Time Stories fix isn't going to happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.