Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Bond
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone clarify a slight ambiguity in the rules regarding Level 2 and 3 crises on Mars, please?

The rules (p22) state that "The player with the highest income must lose one mine or factory of their choice". The payer aid uses the same wording.

What is NOT clear is if this is the highest income across all the planets or just on Mars.

The wording used for the crisis effects on Mercury (all levels) and Earth (Levels 2 and 3) specifically states that it is "The player with the single highest income on Mercury/derived from Earth" who suffers the penalty. At least, that is the wording used in the rulebook, although the qualification is omitted from the player aid.

My thinking is that the same qualification should apply to Mars but that the rule book has omitted the words "derived from Mars".

Can anyone confirm this, please?

Thanks in anticipation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjørnar Løseth
Norway
Bergen
Hordaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Off the top of my head I think it is income _only_ on Mars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise McCully
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bloseth wrote:

It's been a while since I edited the rule book, but I believe this is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bond
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rhianna_ wrote:
bloseth wrote:

It's been a while since I edited the rule book, but I believe this is correct.

Thanks. That's what we played, although watching two different playthroughs here on BGG, one interpreted this one way and the other differently

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Tarzin
Spain
flag msg tools
Yes, I also find it ambiguous. Should we consider your answer as an oficial clarification, Louise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Tarzin
Spain
flag msg tools
I don't know if my question was inappropiate, I thought it would be nice if there was an oficial confirmation for that rule and, since you said you had edited it, I assumed you had something to do with the production of the game. I'm sorry if that's not the case or if my english was weird trying to express what I meant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.