Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nearx Toradora
Spain
Sabadell
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi everyone! I've been willing to get agricola for some time now.

I've been searching the new version and I ended up here:

http://www.juegosenlamesa.com/todos-los-juegos/15-agricola.h...

But I've some doubts. The image looks like the 2016 version it actually say "This new version is for 1-4 players" (Esta nueva edición, más compacta y revisada, está pensada para 1-4 jugadores) but at the end said 1-5 players..

This little detail makes me wonder if is the new version or they just uploaded the new photos and description and it's the original one.

Any help in this regard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't look like the 2016 edition because there are no animeeples in the picture of the parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carduelis
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
From the picture that's not the revised edition.
It's the 2015 spanish version from Devir.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oskar Arnason
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
malibu_babe_28 wrote:
It doesn't look like the 2016 edition because there are no animeeples in the picture of the parts.

That looks like a mis-mash of stock images on the site. There are animeeples on the middle image.

The cover image is the 2015 spanish version: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameversion/301263/devir-span...

The text below indicates that they have the revised version, but the player count below hasn't been updated:

Google Translate (Thank you Chrome):
"This is a new edition of Agricola, a game that has won dozens of awards, including the award for best game released in Spain in 2008. This new edition, revised more compact and is designed for 1-4 players and includes new components and 120 cards to play with the whole family.
the players, from a small cottage, should work to increase the size of their farm, raise animals, and feed your family increase."

I'm fairly certain you'd get the revised edition, but I'd email them to double check to be safe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the picture of the components are correct, then it's the original version. The revised also has the Mayfair logo on the front.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Angurvaki wrote:
malibu_babe_28 wrote:

That looks like a mis-mash of stock images on the site. There are animeeples on the middle image.

The cover image is the 2015 spanish version: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameversion/301263/devir-span...

The text below indicates that they have the revised version, but the player count below hasn't been updated:

Google Translate (Thank you Chrome):
"This is a new edition of Agricola, a game that has won dozens of awards, including the award for best game released in Spain in 2008. This new edition, revised more compact and is designed for 1-4 players and includes new components and 120 cards to play with the whole family.
the players, from a small cottage, should work to increase the size of their farm, raise animals, and feed your family increase."

I'm fairly certain you'd get the revised edition, but I'd email them to double check to be safe.

I'm gonna have to agree that contacting them is the best option. I own the revised edition and none of those pictures match what I own. Box cover is different, there are now people and veggie meeples (the 2nd picture only has animeeples, and the board in the 3rd pic (where the action cards go) is no longer the separate pieces, but one big trifold. Fewer cards come in the revised edition (96 occupation/minor improvement cards).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nearx Toradora
Spain
Sabadell
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks everyone! I've contacted them to be sure

time to wait i guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nearx Toradora
Spain
Sabadell
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As an update. it was the 2016 version.

Yesterday I got the confirmation and they changed the title of the product to make it clear.

Of course. It sold out and now I dont have agricola modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan H
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
nearx wrote:
As an update. it was the 2016 version.

Yesterday I got the confirmation and they changed the title of the product to make it clear.

Of course. It sold out and now I dont have agricola modest

Don't worry I would get the original version. It has far more content and I believe is far superior to the new reduced edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nearx Toradora
Spain
Sabadell
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I only wanted the new one because, in theory, some cards where removed because not too much usage..

But I think I'll end up with the original version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan H
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
nearx wrote:
I only wanted the new one because, in theory, some cards where removed because not too much usage..

But I think I'll end up with the original version

There are only 96 cards in the new box.

In the original there were over 350. Of these there were probably 8 that are overpowered and people remove. Then there are prob 20-30 that are generally poor under most conditions. That leaves well over 300 good cards people are always happy to play with - over three times the new game.

Without wanting to be accused of being repetative by some forum members as I have posted this elsewhere. The reduction in the deck is just a way to make more money by the publishes as they plan to sell expansion packs of 46 cards - they know that 96 is not enough.

The new publishers along with others promoting the new game have been spreading the rumour as if it gospel that the old revision was completely unbalanced and had huge number of cards no one ever used. You seem to have picked this up. It is not true. Trust me the original game is great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nearx Toradora
Spain
Sabadell
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes. in fact that was the main reason, as I said

Yesterday I was giving some more thoughts regarding this.

the 1-5 players vs 1-4 + expansion for 5-6
The card thing.
The family mode being removed but will be available as expansion...

at the end I concluded the same as you said.

Now i'm searching for the original version

So thanks for your feedback!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.