5 Posts

Arkham Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Universal Head ARKHAM HORROR Rules ambiguous bit? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mr mr
msg tools
Hello,
I was checking my crib sheet with the most popular one (https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/22286/universal-head-arkh...)

And it has this to say about flying monsters:

Flying: Move to connected street area with
a player in it. Otherwise move to the Sky
(counts towards monster limit) and move
to any street location in Arkham next time

Unless I'm just reading it wrong, it's implying that if it got moved to the Sky then next turn it is placed in any street areas ('move
to any street location in Arkham next time'). There's nothing in the book about this and as far as I know, if it's in the Sky it just stays there until a player is is in the streets.

However, I only got one thing wrong in my whole sheet (I thought you discarded Rumour for a new one if already one, rather than using it bar the rumour text), which I was quite pleased with

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur with your assessment. The monster stays unless a player is in the streets and the monster gets triggered to move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbur Whateley
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
The Old Ones were, the Old Ones are, and the Old Ones shall be.
badge
Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I am wondering what "connected street area" means, as compared to "street area."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read as 'immediately adjacent' meaning it won't go to the sky if an investigator is one space away in the street.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbur Whateley
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
The Old Ones were, the Old Ones are, and the Old Ones shall be.
badge
Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate.
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right of course, for some reason I was thinking it was already in the Sky for that first sentence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.