Subject: Are the cubes of the players limited in any way? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthias Habelitz
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Guys,

I have 7 times played TM yet. In 6 of that we had situations where a player has not enough cubes in his color to place them as an animal or a microbe or something else on a card, or even on a tile which he/she was placing on the board...

So are not sure - are cubes limited (we found nothing in the german rules - maybe we just didn't see it)? Which means - if I run out of cubes in my color, can I still make actions, which are marked by cubes?

I hope you enjoy the game as much as my girlfriend and I do, maybe this is the best game this year!

Greets an thanks for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erica Lee
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The colored cubes are used to mark ownership of tiles on the game board, (greenery, cities and special tiles) and they are used to mark how much you will produce during production on the player board.

The metal cubes are quantity markers used to indicate everything else on cards,( microbes, animals, science resources, fighters...)and the actual quantities of steel, titanium, Mega Credits etc on the player board.

Cubes are not limited, and as a side related note production is not limited i.e. you can produce more than 10 of something on your player board.

It is my favorite game of the year so far too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're not intended to be limited, but are more likely to run out in two player games; just use additional cubes of an unused player color.

Things you mark with your cubes:
- Greenery tiles and cities on the map
- Your TR score
- Your production on your sheets (but use resource cubes to indicate how much of a material you have)
- (added) Which achievements you've unlocked and awards you purchased
- Whether you've used a blue card or not this round (but use resource cubes to mark how many microbes, animals, etc, you've accumulated on the card)

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Knoblaugh
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Matthias19281 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have 7 times played TM yet. In 6 of that we had situations where a player has not enough cubes in his color to place them as an animal or a microbe or something else on a card, or even on a tile which he/she was placing on the board...

So are not sure - are cubes limited (we found nothing in the german rules - maybe we just didn't see it)? Which means - if I run out of cubes in my color, can I still make actions, which are marked by cubes?

I hope you enjoy the game as much as my girlfriend and I do, maybe this is the best game this year!

I've just been using the silver and gold cubes on my cards as they represent 5 and 10 counts respectively. As the cards are right in front of you, there isn't any issue with having them in a different color than your player color. It works great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Fryxelius
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Karenv731 wrote:
Matthias19281 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I've just been using the silver and gold cubes on my cards as they represent 5 and 10 counts respectively. As the cards are right in front of you, there isn't any issue with having them in a different color than your player color. It works great.

You are not supposed to use your player markers as resources on cards! You only put a player marker on a card to remember that you have used the action this turn (blue cards with action).

Example: You have the blue card "Fishes" in play. On your turn you want to use the action and collect an animal resource to that card. Now you take a copper cube and put on that card. (Each copper cube with be worth VPs at the end of the game).
After that, you also take a player marker of your colour and put on the card. This cube is not a resource - it only shows that you have used this action this generation. After the generation is over, remove your player marker from all blue cards. Next round you can use Fishes again to collect more (copper) resources.

All resources in the game (on player boards or cards) are marked with copper/silver/gold
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Habelitz
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferret Face
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just played a two-player game. It was the first time playing and we only used the metallic cubes for money and our player-colored cubes for everything else. That scarcity adds a whole new level of strategy but also angst. Buckets of angst. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.