7 Posts

Terraforming Mars» Forums » General

Subject: Blank card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
fugazi70 fugazi70
msg tools
mb
I unwrapped the game today and noticed I had a blank card that has a production back. Is this normal? I have 209 including the blank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there should be a blank card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltan Zoldi
Hungary
Érd
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And what is the purpose of that card??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
zoldiz wrote:
And what is the purpose of that card??

To us players, none.

To the production facility, it's probably easier to keep 1 blank in than to remove it from the stack. AFAIR, the total number of cards in the game is an odd number; production is probably simpler if you add that extra card. Or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It is just an extra card from the sheet. This happens often with punchboards too. It is not worth tooling a whole new machine for one small difference on one board so they just have the same punch pattern and on the last board it ends up punching a blank space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Reuter
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Its a divider. With this card the publisher can show the printer where one card deck on the sheet ends and another begins. In this case it helped to divide the card deck from the "Small Asteroid" promo cards on the same sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Chaney

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blank cards can be used to replace other cards (with the same back) that get marked, or to create your own card ... or to pretend you have the promo card if it has the right back (I don't recall) ... so I appreciate the blank as a backup for the inevitable card that gets wet or stepped on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.