Subject: What to throw on a Wedding Registry rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Schmitt
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey all,

My fiancee and I are attempting to assemble a mega list of games we might like for our wedding registry. We are almost a year into the hobby and enjoy games like Carcassone, citadels (its alright), Biblios, Codenames (for parties), Ticket to Ride, 7 Wonders, and our #1 go to is Lords of Waterdeep, of which Skullport is a needed addition on the registry.

Other games we own and don't enjoy as much include Smallworld, Arabian Nights(shudder), Dominion (its alright, don't love or hate it).

I want the games on this list to be pretty well rounded, we want to expand the types of games we play. I am one who wants a great strategy and wartime type game. She doesn't really have any type of requests, but we both would like a good co-op game (have played and liked Forbidden Island). I think we both enjoy the numerous outcomes and ways to win in Lords of Waterdeep, there is some luck, but it feels like you are planning how to win more than a luck element.

Groups we play with include parents on both sides of our family with it usually being groups of 4. This unfortunately takes away from long playtime games(which I want to eventually play). We also are looking for some 1v1 and just bought Lost Cities, but have yet to play it.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post! Hope you all have a great Labor day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Arlotta
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only joking, but The Pursuit of Happiness could be mandatory to put on top of the list :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lost Cities is good for a short two player game that gets you thinking. Just played it last night with my husband!

If you're interested in a long two player game, we always enjoy Fields of Arle when we have the time to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley Sheak
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found nothing else on your profile so not sure if you know the following games.

First off I'll suggest Takenoko. Max 4 players but I have tried with 5 & it worked too! May be your wife will love it?

Sushi Go! or Sushi Go Party! would be quick & fun.

Summoner Wars: Master Set would be my 1v1 game of choice. I love this game but unfortunately I just won't have the chance to play a game with 2p, but may be you can get to experience how good the game is more than me.

Those would make a good family game. I would have other games in mind but not sure if they're your type of game. If you wish I have made some geeklists of the games I've played and have short verdict to each of them - links are at the bottom of my profile (sorry I can't copy paste them easily on the phone right now), hopefully it's useful for you to find a game or 2 to play with your family.

P/s: Congratulations on your wedding & I've never thought of anyone would include boardgames in their registry, this is a brilliant idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.