Hide
7 Posts

Super Dungeon Explore: Forgotten King» Forums » Rules

Subject: Help me, please. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Snoochy McPounce
msg tools
Hey there! I reccently bought this game and I've had a lot of fun playing as the consul with my friends, the only drawback to this game is the time it takes to play it (I still haven't got a chance too use my dungeon boss).
Anyway, I have a few questions that I can't find the answer to anywhere in the rulebooks that I need your help with.

Q1: If a monster is suffering from status effect fire but the consul chooses not to activate that monster during his turn (thus skipping it's upkeep phase), does the effect still trigger?

Q2: If a hero gains for example knockdown/fire from pets or gear or if a monster has it as a static effect (like Tough) ..does it trigger only on basic attacks or also on special abilites and potions? what of area attacks and support actions such as princess emeralds scope?

Q3: is it really worth crowding one tile with many monsters if you only ever get to activate 4 skulls worth plus special? seems to me like you are only handing out free loot.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
From the Dungeons and Dragons 80's cartoon. If only it was remade...
mbmbmbmbmb
1) No, only when activated
2) Yes, every attack it does.
3) crowding can obstruct movement, but also makes monsters more succeptible to area attacks

On the time matter, try removing the first mini-boss. When the heroes destroy the first spawning point, just don't summon a mini-boss. THe game will be smoother and faster.

That said, there is a new rulset under beta test that is very promising (with the help of a new designer on the team). My last two games were under 1,5 hours and there was a boss fight in each. So, hold on a bit because new and much better rules are coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Q1: yes (I believe). Just because the monster is just standing around doesn't mean it's not still on fire.
[I mostly play Arcade so if some has the page number for this I'd like to see it too.]

Q2: I believe it always triggers it is part of the characters profile unless the action your using completely replaces the character profile.
[Someone else will probably answer is better]

Q3:That's a tactics question you just answered for yourself

Yes, the game takes a while to play.
1. Check out the loot-o-meter as it does improve that.
2. Have no mercy... Mercy prolongs the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snoochy McPounce
msg tools
Regarding Q2; Do you truly mean to say that all successful offensive (red) and support (blue) actions such as basic attacks, unique abilities and potions caused by the model will apply the status effect in addition to their own?

It just sounds to powerful!
Especially if it also applies to support actions and potions'!

Example: Wandering Minstrel lends his (blue) Powdered Power Chord potion (wave3, knockdown) to Ember mage whom choose to immediately use it and also apply her own status effect fire to it. Immediately knocking down and incinerating every enemy target three tiles away in every direction and denying them a defensive roll since it's a support attack? that's a total of 36 squares it effects!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snoochy McPounce
msg tools
haha, yeah I'll admit that I'm maybe sometimes to soft on the hero's.
I just don't want anyone to be forced to have to sit there and watch for the rest of the game.

What is a loot-o-meter, what does it do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
From the Dungeons and Dragons 80's cartoon. If only it was remade...
mbmbmbmbmb
Q2 - only red special attacks, basic attacks, and red potions. Those are attacks, the blue (support) ones aren't affected by this.

And, in classic, upkeep only happens to activated models, monsters and heroes. If it doesn't activate, there is no upkeep, no fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colman Snaith
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Snoochy wrote:
What is a loot-o-meter, what does it do?

Lootimeter mode is a variant game setup that basically uses the loot deck with some discard rules as a timer to trigger the appearance of the mini and big boss ... similar to the original SDE control board.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1409557/lootimeter-mode-10-...

I've yet to try it, but my next game will definitely be lootimeter mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.