Subject: Worth a punt? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike White
United Kingdom
stockport
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the v2 rulebook and faqs online and replacement minis available is this game better now than its accumulated historical rating suggests?

And are the base minis really that bad? Will they take a bit of paint from a terrible amateur painter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slim Chalkey wrote:
With the v2 rulebook and faqs online and replacement minis available is this game better now than its accumulated historical rating suggests?
I thought the v1 rulebook was workable, so my opinion might not be "valid". I think it is a fun game, a bit more abstract and less tactical than I usually like, but still comic-book fun.

Slim Chalkey wrote:
And are the base minis really that bad? Will they take a bit of paint from a terrible amateur painter?
They lack a lot of detail but serve great as markers. I think this one comes down to what your expectations are. If you still like four-color artwork, then they probably will be fine. If you demand high quality, photo-realistic artwork you might be disappointed.

It is all about expectations with this game. If you take it for what it is it is a fun game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
or maybe wait for the second box.
kickstarter will start tomorrow.

http://www.mycf.fr/gc2/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike White
United Kingdom
stockport
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know. It's just this is £22 delivered on Amazon in the uk right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go along with that.

The base minis are exactly fine for a boardgame. The problem was that the game was promoted for collectors of miniatures - who wanted miniature game quality figures. It's not a miniature game, it's a boardgame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the KS is up !

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/359037226/guardians-chr...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just backed it. Broke my own damn rule.
I only discovered this game after the original KS ended and missed all the fiasco stuff, but this game is soooo fucking fun. I don't want to miss out on it.

And for the price! cant be beat.

Im going in knowing i can lose my pledge flat out and not get nothing. I am willing to bet they learned a lot last time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 20+ earlybird spots left on new KS!!!

It funded!!..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Wrobel
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely a fun game and with the new episode (on KS now) there are 2 ways to play the game. If you like games like Descent or Imperial Assault, you should like this. The new episode seems to be a little like Arcadia Quest with PvPvE. Looking forward to it.

Also, if you don't like the minis (the first version were pretty weak compared to the minis we see nowadays in Blood Rage and others), go and get some Heroclix from someone (the commons should be readily available and are painted).

Definitely back the new Episode as the KS extras will be great to have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.