flag msg tools
Okay, I have a friend who came up with this list:
Ship 1: Captain Chakotay(voyager)
Data(Starter set)
Harry Kim(Delta Flyer)

Ship 2
Captain: Thy'lek Shran

Card text:
Data: Place 2 (evasive) tokens beside your ship and reduce your total attack by 2 this round. You cannot perform an (evasive) this round, even as a free action

Harry Kim: Place 2 (evasive) tokens beside your ship. You cannot roll any defense dice this round. You cannot perform an (evasive) this round, even as a free action

Thy'lek ShranWHenever you perform an (evasive) or (scan)you may target a friendly ship within range 1 of your ship. if you do so, place a token of the same type beside the target ship and an auxilliary power token beside your ship

Chakotay allows you to use two crew actions in one turn. You could substitute Mirror!Spock there.

Would this work to allow you to get 5 (evasive) tokens on a ship in one round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why not, as you are not taking the same action twice (activating various crew who place the same tokens =/= taking the same action). You are tying up multiple upgrade slots from at least 2 different ships to accomplish it, but it might be worth it in the right scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah the other downside is that Chakotay can only do it every other turn; Mirror Spock might be a better choice for that reason. Out-of-phase attacks would also make it very sad. But ruleswise it's fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
but does not the rulebook state that you cannot place two of the same token beside your ship, only card overruling said item?
that said, wouldn't you only be able to place one pair of [evasion] tokens beside your ship? the second pair would fall under that rule. IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Redfearn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
demonllama wrote:
but does not the rulebook state that you cannot place two of the same token beside your ship, only card overruling said item?
that said, wouldn't you only be able to place one pair of [evasion] tokens beside your ship? the second pair would fall under that rule. IMHO.

No. Rules say you can't take the same action twice, nothing about token limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SMDMadCow wrote:
demonllama wrote:
No. Rules say you can't take the same action twice, nothing about token limit.

ok, my bad. I read that rule on page 12 as meaning you couldn't have multiple of the same token. thank you for clarifying that for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.