Subject: TAC air question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Lazar
United States
Bethesda
USA
flag msg tools
If the airfield is in the reserve box, can you trace 3 hexes from their for attack/strafe? I assume not. Mostly relevant in the first turn to slow reinforcement of enemy to beach area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the reserve boxes are considered to be hexes for all purposes except stacking and control I assume yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mlazar wrote:
If the airfield is in the reserve box, can you trace 3 hexes from their for attack/strafe? I assume not. Mostly relevant in the first turn to slow reinforcement of enemy to beach area.

I had to delete my original answer to this question because the question does not state the rules correctly.

The tracing of interdiction is quite explicitly spelled out in rule 14.32, final sentence.

Rule 14.3 spells out the power of the Interdiction mission explicitly as well. It's clearly four hexes, not three.

I'll restate the range of Interdiction. An Interdiction mission placed in the Airbase in the North Africa Reserve Box interdicts the following hexes for purposes of Strategic Redeployment and armor Zones of Control:

The entirety of Sicily: Trapani, Palmero, Prizzi, Enna, Gela, Messina, Syracuse, and both "Husky" Beach Head hexes.

The following hexes in the "boot" of Italy: Cassino, Termoli, Foggia, Naples, Salerno, the "Avalanche" hex, Bari, Auletta Potenza, Taranto, Pizzo, and Corligliano-Calabro.

The Brindisi hex in the "heel" of Italy is out of range but this has no impact on game play as it is not a port; there's no way for the Axis player to utilize it in any gamey way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Crimmins
United States
South Salem
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you get the benefit of the Avalanche hex for interdiction even before the Allies play Avalanche?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A hex is a hex is a hex.

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.