Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Limoges
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Can anyone tell me what the differences are between this new edition and battle line? I always wanted battle line, but did not like the look... but I want battle line's depth...

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MAKANA McDONALD
United States
BRONX
NY
flag msg tools
mbmb
There is no difference in gameplay. The older editions did not come with Battle Line's tactics cards, but the new Iello edition does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Limoges
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Nice. So this new edition is basically a reskin of Battle Lines who was a reskin of the first version with added tactical cards... so I can buy this version and get all the depth of Battle Lines with the original theme?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solipsiste wrote:

Nice. So this new edition is basically a reskin of Battle Lines who was a reskin of the first version with added tactical cards... so I can buy this version and get all the depth of Battle Lines with the original theme?

And brand new Iello artwork. I like the old Schotten Totten artwork too, but the new one is also pretty good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched the Game Boy Geek's review and it appears the Iello version does not have 10's. The cards only go up to 9.

I'm not sure how that changes things to be honest. I don't have that much experience with Battle Line but I think I might miss them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmb
Also, the Scout card works differently: after choosing two cards from your hand, you must place them at the bottom of their respective deck - Not on top as in Battle line...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
I watched the Game Boy Geek's review and it appears the Iello version does not have 10's. The cards only go up to 9.

I'm not sure how that changes things to be honest. I don't have that much experience with Battle Line but I think I might miss them.

I wonder what difference this makes. I assume it makes for a looser game, with more possibility in the end game to get what you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UanarchyK wrote:
venrondua wrote:

I wonder what difference this makes. I assume it makes for a looser game, with more possibility in the end game to get what you want.

I wonder the same thing. I've only ever played the game with the 10's so it seems weird to me but Dan said he didn't miss them at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Englund
Finland
Hautjärvi
flag msg tools
mbmb
NeonNocturne wrote:
There is no difference in gameplay. The older editions did not come with Battle Line's tactics cards, but the new Iello edition does.

Actually the Iello rules are little bit tricky. The recruiter is a clear (and intended?) change.

Another is Joker. It says "you must keep it your hand until end of the game". That means you can't put it back to the Tactics deck with the Recruiter. I wonder is that change intended or not?

And the biggest change is that Iello rules are cloudy what to do when claiming a flag. "Providing that you can prove that he cannot beat your combination of cards, no matter which card he plays next." That would mean you had to take all the Tactic cards into consideration and it would mess the whole game up. That must be an unintended change and a mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.