Subject: [closed] looking for 3 players for a 4p 4game shuffle session rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to play another instance of the playershuffle series and need three players rated between ca. 1100 and ca. 1300 (the range isn't carved in stone, but my experience in 12 such games so far is that it's more fun if players have a similar skill level).

Idea: We play four games with identical settings on the F&I side 1 map, factions (including expansion factions) and round #1 faction order, with each player playing a different faction in each of the games. Each player can pick one faction, and the game setup will work like this:
1) I create a private game on snellman.net ("with everything", i.e. mini-expansions, expansion scoring, variable factions allowed, variable turn order). This game (#1) will fix the setup for the other three games as well.
2) Each player picks a faction (and in case of expansion factions, a start color) in game #1.
3) Now game #1 is put on hold, while I create three more games (#2-#4) with exactly the same setup (including bonus tiles and scoring tiles), which have the players mixed so that everybody is on each of the four seats in one game.
4) In games #2-#4, the players pick exactly the same faction as their seat picked in game #1. So e.g. if game #1 has Nomads on seat #1, Dragonlords (green) on seat #2, Shapeshifters (red) on seat #3, and Mermaids on seat #4, then so will have the other games too.

Details:
a) The games will be somewhat synchronized, especially the placement of the initial dwellings and picking of bonus tiles; after that the start of each round shall be in sync (i.e. if one game already starts round 5 while another is still in round 4, the round 5 game shall be stalled by the start player).
b) Players can pick whatever faction they want in game #1 - they may pick without any relation to the setup (Fakirs anybody? ), or try to optimize (Mermaids! ). Therefore, it is quite likely that some factions will be "obviously" better than others in the given setting. The balancing against this is not inside the game, but rather by the fact that each player will play each faction once. So whatever rating you may lose with the bad faction you can earn with the good one. The three installments so far have shown that skill will still dominate in most cases.
c) The player with the best result over all four games can consider him-/herself the winner.

Contact me via BGG mail, or just post here.

Examples:
1st installment: PlayerShuffle01, PlayerShuffle02, PlayerShuffle03, PlayerShuffle04
2nd installment: playershuffle05, playershuffle06, playershuffle07, playershuffle08
3rd installment: PlayerShuffle09, PlayerShuffle10, PlayerShuffle11, PlayerShuffle12

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: looking for 3 players for a 4p 4game shuffle session
I'd be interested again.

If there are enough people to make 2 sets, then perhaps there can be some grouping by rating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
I'd be interested again.

If there are enough people to make 2 sets, then perhaps there can be some grouping by rating.
Didn't you tell me you're so busy?

Anyway, "ca." would cover those 17 points you're above 1300... But if we get 8 people, indeed we can group by rating.

(* ducks in case some "How do you dare to sort by rating? It's only loosely correlated to skill!" person feels the urge to provide that irrelevant comment *)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, things are winding down some still.

Here is another set of 4pShuffle games

http://terra.snellman.net/game/StonesShuffle01Fixed
http://terra.snellman.net/game/StonesShuffle02
http://terra.snellman.net/game/StonesShuffle03
http://terra.snellman.net/game/StonesShuffle04
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Ouwerkerk
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I'd like to join, need more F&I experience!
Username on snellman: frenzy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
6tevidim Jr
France
flag msg tools
I am interested.
My current rating (~1370) is my best ever (a nice peak following my first 200 points game), but is about to take a serious hit with my on-going games.
The previous shuffle series with Stones, Jari and Gambrinus was real fun. I discovered the Acolytes then and was so happy that I chose them 3 times in the 4p and 5p F&I test leagues, boosting their pick frequency significantly!
Whatever the possibility, enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, 1378 isn't really inside my desired rating range. But maybe we find a few more in that range.

That makes this set of players so far (ordered by rating):
- behgez 1190
- DocCool 1196
- frenzy 1271
- JamesWolfpacker 1317

Plus
- 6tevdim 1378
in case more people express interest - we could always shift James into the upper group.

I'll go to bed now - I expect to set up the 1st game in 14 hours or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
In this next set, the setup will be looked at by all of the players. They will all pick a faction and then the other 3 games will be created and the factions for each of those seats will be determined by what each player picked in the first (origin) game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steinar Nerhus
Norway
flag msg tools
mb
I would like to do this again. I can set up 4 games for players that are above DocCools rating limit. Accepting players at 1200 and above I guess, so that the rating difference is not too large.

So far that would be:
-6tevidim
-Stones
(-JamesWolfpacker)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any more interest from players in the "up to 1300" rating range? Then I would release James to the 1380ish crowd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sandman
Germany
flag msg tools
I would also like to join:

Csander1>rating 1330 (base game might (!) be a bit higher and expansion a bit lower)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steinar Nerhus
Norway
flag msg tools
mb
DieKrake wrote:
I would also like to join:

Csander1>rating 1330 (base game might (!) be a bit higher and expansion a bit lower)

Cool, then only one more player at any rating above 1100 is needed for two of these shuffles to start (given that DC can accept JW)

Edit: Would it be interesting if all 8 games have the same setup? It would mean that the 1300+ wait for DocCool and others to finish faction/color selection, and create games with similar setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent FERET
France
COLOMBES
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I would like to join too:

fellow ~1330 (but very unstable due to my low number of games)

I need more practice for the upcoming FI leagues and the WTC...
Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stones wrote:
Cool, then only one more player at any rating above 1100 is needed for two of these shuffles to start (given that DC can accept JW)
Sounds good - I'll wait a few more hours in case somebody shows up.

Stones wrote:
Edit: Would it be interesting if all 8 games have the same setup? It would mean that the 1300+ wait for DocCool and others to finish faction/color selection, and create games with similar setup.
I'm cool with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steinar Nerhus
Norway
flag msg tools
mb
With fellow joining we now have the following:

Group 1:
- behgez
- DocCool
- frenzy
- JamesWolfpacker

Group 2:
- Csander1
- fellow
- 6tevidim
- Stones

Players in group 2, should we
A) wait for Group 1 to set up stuff, and copy from them, or
B) start our own so that we get to pick factions ourselves?

I cant tell what I want...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loon
United States
flag msg tools
mb
As an uninvolved observer, I vote for A
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steinar Nerhus
Norway
flag msg tools
mb
jsnmthw wrote:
As an uninvolved observer, I vote for A

Hehe

After thinking a bit I vote for B, I would like to be able to select one of the factions

As a note: Group 1 is ofcourse free to copy from Group 2 if we should go for B...

Edit: We could still use the same seed as Group 1, so that only the factions might differ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
It is very simple, just use the seed "4PlayerShuffle13" for all 8 games. Though, since fellow has not played a full set of this format and I won both sets I played, maybe we should switch the 2 of us?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent FERET
France
COLOMBES
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok for the switch I'm not a real 1300+ actually

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game on!

http://terra.snellman.net/game/PlayerShuffle13

Your wish is my command. Game aborted and restarted with Laurent instead of James.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Also, if we really wanted to, we can just synchronize the pick, place, and BON setup for all eight games. Each game would likely have different faction sets and there would be little need to synch the rounds too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please - no more "special requests"...

http://terra.snellman.net/game/PlayerShuffle13a

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
Also, if we really wanted to, we can just synchronize the pick, place, and BON setup for all eight games. Each game would likely have different faction sets and there would be little need to synch the rounds too.
Coming to think of it, you should do your own seed - comparison is futile if group 2 picks other factions than group 1...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Stones wrote:
With fellow joining we now have the following:

Group 1:
- behgez
- DocCool
- frenzy
- JamesWolfpacker
fellow

Group 2:
- JamesWolfpacker
- Csander1
- fellow
- 6tevidim
- Stones

Players in group 2, should we
A) wait for Group 1 to set up stuff, and copy from them, or
B) start our own so that we get to pick factions ourselves?

I cant tell what I want...

I'd say since Group 1 jumped the gun before discussion is over, we might as well go with B and use a different seed.

We can start with "PlayerShuffle17"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sandman
Germany
flag msg tools
I do prefer to have the same setup (round sequence and bons) but an Independent choice of factions meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.