The Bill
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The game refers to being "in port" (for example, the Plague event card). Does this mean being in the sea zone of the port, or did I have to move my ship onto the port to indicate I'm at the port?

Does it cost an extra movement to leave a port to go to the sea zone surrounding the port?

Could you stay in the port and continue selling there? (let's say you sell the good in demand (tobacco) and chose to hang onto your sugar cards. When you start your next turn, could you sell at that port?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blondlostime wrote:
The game refers to being "in port" (for example, the Plague event card). Does this mean being in the sea zone of the port, or did I have to move my ship onto the port to indicate I'm at the port?

Does it cost an extra movement to leave a port to go to the sea zone surrounding the port?

Could you stay in the port and continue selling there? (let's say you sell the good in demand (tobacco) and chose to hang onto your sugar cards. When you start your next turn, could you sell at that port?

Thanks!

The sea space and the port are two separate spaces. Being in the sea zone is not the same as being in port. It takes a movement to move from the sea zone to the port or the port to the sea zone. Once you are in the port you stay there until you spend a movement to move back to the sea zone. If you stay in port at the end of your turn, you can sell at that port during your next turn, but you would need to take a "port action" to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
High Frontier PBF #17 - Failing spaceward!
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mb
Moving into (or out of) a port and taking a port action are separate actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.