GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,731 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

The Ravens of Thri Sahashri» Forums » General

Subject: this vs and then we held hands? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian N/A
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone played this and "and then we held hands"? I am curious which one people enjoyed more because I only need one 2 player coop. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian N/A
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found this on a review...

"It’s such a different game to most of the stuff in my collection, and I put it on a par with the more curious items I own – something like …and then we held hands provides a similar kind of experience but feels completely separate to what Ravens offers as a gameplay experience."

Anyone else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thephantomhennes wrote:
Has anyone played this and "and then we held hands"? I am curious which one people enjoyed more because I only need one 2 player coop. Thanks.
Ravens is much more interesting and thematic, art is better, mechanisms feel more original IMHO. Gave Hands away after a couple of plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thephantomhennes wrote:

I have both. I think they're both really good games, however if you only want one, I'd say it comes down to depth vs. ease of play considerations. ATWHH is much easier to learn and play, however I don't think it has quite the depth and nuance of RoTS. If both people are seasoned gamers and want a really unique, but somewhat fiddly experience, I'd go with RoTS. If either or both people are more novices, or want a more streamlined, elegant, but somewhat shallower experience, I'd go with ATWHH.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is an art -- the growing of the moustache! I have sympathy for all who attempt it.
badge
You can dwell on the sh*t, or you can just leave it behind in people's beds & keep going.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sizzla wrote:
thephantomhennes wrote:

I have both. I think they're both really good games, however if you only want one, I'd say it comes down to depth vs. ease of play considerations. ATWHH is much easier to learn and play, however I don't think it has quite the depth and nuance of RoTS. If both people are seasoned gamers and want a really unique, but somewhat fiddly experience, I'd go with RoTS. If either or both people are more novices, or want a more streamlined, elegant, but somewhat shallower experience, I'd go with ATWHH.
+1 thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Severinsson
Sweden
Sundbyberg
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
...microbrewed beer.
badge
...more hops, better die rolls.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have both and I have to agree with Sizzla's post, except I don't think "..and then we held hands.." is that good. I'm selling my copy and keeping Ravens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ravens blows Hands out of the water. I wasn't that interested in playing Hands again after I tried it but I can't wait to tackle Ravens again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and then we held hands is an interesting game, but mostly for non gamers.

Ravens is much much more complicated, but easily the better game of these two.

It really depends on your gaming partner IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.