Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Warren Smith
United States
West Nyack
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing this is answered somewhere but I didn't have much luck finding it.

I've started a new game of the First Waves scenario. In the east sector, 2 of the tank units were delayed and the other 2 were eliminated outright. Do I still draw a card for that sector even though there is nothing to shoot at?

Thanks for any help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronnie Tucker
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wsmithjr wrote:

I've started a new game of the First Waves scenario. In the east sector, 2 of the tank units were delayed and the other 2 were eliminated outright. Do I still draw a card for that sector even though there is nothing to shoot at?

Thanks for any help.

I would think no. If in doubt, though, draw the card and discard it. No harm done.

Good to hear that others have the same luck as me in landing the initial waves of troops. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wsmithjr wrote:

Thanks for any help.
Rule 6 says to draw a card for each sector, contrasting this with 5.1 which says to conduct landing checks (i.e. draw cards to determine landing results) only when there are units to land I'd say RAW is to draw a card even if there are no US units in the sector.

In later turns you will have to draw the card because of the engineers (though if there aren't any units on a beach in later turns I think the game is probably not too much longer anyways) but of course that doesn't apply on the first turn.

I don't think it really matters though since the deck is re-shuffled before it runs out so burning a card doesn't make a difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuele Falco
msg tools
mbmbmb
As Niko posted, 5.1 explicitly indicates that you don't draw cards in case of no units. I would also add, "if you don't have units or a general only", since generals don't check for mine explosions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.