Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Auer
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite some time ago, I decided to convert the "storage" room in our basement into a nice gaming room. First I thought my wife wouldn't allow me, but surprisingly, she found it a wonderful idea. Definitely married the right woman :-)

The room was full with old furniture and stuff I used when we built the house five years ago. It took me quite a while to clear everything out. Unfortunately, I was also the last remaining room in our house which was still in a quite unfished state:

Finally, I completed my little project and we already used the room for a first gaming night. It is just wonderful to have a dedicated room for gaming! I often play solo games and it gives me the opportunity to leave a game on the table and finish it the next evening.

I’m also very happy that my two little kids use it, as well. This really makes me happy.

Most of my relatives probably think I’m mad to dedicate an entire room just for gaming, but who cares :-)

For storage I bought some Kallax shelves. There is still room for another 4x4 shelves, which allows me to still buy some additional games :-)

Do you have a gaming room, as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to have so much space that I don't have to use every cubic centimetre to store a game ... My games are in my room and because of the lack of space I sometimes have to put several games in the same box and to store empty boxes the matriochka way.

What is the tubular device on the top of the Kallax ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Auer
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The device on the Kallax is my reflector telescope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
my relative think I’m mad to dedicate an entire room just for gaming, but who cares :-)

Mad? Hardly. If your actions are "Mad", mine are certifiable. Nice game room BTW, congrats.

The ULTIMATE game storage solution. Or, 20 steps to making a dream come true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Auer
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bloody hell, you built an entire house in your garden. Wow, that is so cool :-)

Edit: Just saw the amount of games you own. 5000+ - that what I call a collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
It looks really cool. If I lived closer to Bavaria, I'd certainly drop by and play a game with you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam (AFK/Away)
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice gaming room you have there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mauer wrote:
The device on the Kallax is my reflector telescope.

Ok, I feel dumb now ... I have in mind the image of telescopes fully "deployed".

The result is good but, as often, because of the location of the room it seems quite dark/artificially lighted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Auer
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xahendir wrote:
The result is good but, as often, because of the location of the room it seems quite dark/artificially lighted.

There is a small cellar window, but you have to turn on the ceiling lamp. Otherwise it is too dark. However, the light of the ceiling lamp is actually really nice and soft. I haven't heard any complains, yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
may-prigent Ffran
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live this. Well done you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great looking room and I'm jealous of all the space

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.