Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is pretty obvious, but want to make sure. The Set-Up rules don't tell you to do anything with the Pillage Track, I assume each side puts a marker on that track, correct?

and

The Merchant Action tells you to play a Merchant card...and collect money But the Romans have a Mercator Card, which is just another name for Merchant but just wanted to make sure. (Why is the Roman card named differently?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Clarification on Pillage Track and Merchant Card
Correct on both counts. As for "Mercator" it was just for flavor. Sorry for any confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Clarification on Pillage Track and Merchant Card
djberg96 wrote:
Correct on both counts. As for "Mercator" it was just for flavor. Sorry for any confusion.

Nope, no big deal. Thanks for responding! Playing through my first game right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
So, if I ditch a location card, remove it from my deck and place it back in the Empire stack. And say, someone Raids my location, and then I go back and re-settle the location, does the card go into my discard, or do I have to buy it back?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
So, if I ditch a location card, remove it from my deck and place it back in the Empire stack. And say, someone Raids my location, and then I go back and re-settle the location, does the card go into my discard, or do I have to buy it back?

Since the card never left your Empire deck, you still own it, and you would have to spend an action to put it back into your discard pile.

This is touched on in "The Importance of Locations and Location Cards", but I should add a clarification to the "Settle" action that you don't put the location card into your discard pile if it's already in your own Empire deck. Only locations in the neutral Empire deck, or those controlled by your opponent, would go into the discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to complain that in my first game Carthage got the Strategy Card PILLAGING right in the first turn, and with a fleet ready to go, they started pillaging from the get go, and were just hammering the Romans $$ supply. The Romans were reduced for awhile having to spend one action to get money, and the 2nd action to spend it right away. But they survived and things eventually turned for the Romans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.