cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am trying to make my own deck, using some ideas from the originals and some from these forums. I would love help on your ideas RE whether the cards are overpowered, etc. Images good, etc. Work in progress. Also, any ideas for new cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Dum Dum

new card

HERBIE
overpowered ???

Lockheed

Bob. my favorite. Makes Deadpool weaker !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know there is no Ka-Zar yet, but we have a custom

Redwing, need to fix him to show +0 Attack

I am thinking of rounding out the deck with more SHIELD officers like May, Maria Hill, etc. My kids and I never use SHIELD officers, so I will replace the whole deck with a sidekick deck

MORE IDEAS:

Rick Jones
gives bonus to Hulk

Demolition Man
gives negative bonus to Cap and Daredevil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Need to fix cost on Misty Knight and for Ka-Zar's pet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
I do like the idea of custom Sidekicks! Especially since the Pet Avengers opened up possibilities.

I actually like the idea of sidekicks who can stick around if you want them too. Otherwise, they work like any other Sidekick. That helps when they are situational depending on who you play with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
I also made Special Sidekicks like Sharks and Piranhas for my custom Aquaman in my DC expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Ryan .. I will try to make a card that sticks around, maybe one that is a little less powerful, so as to balance it out a little.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
actually some of them stick around, by accident -- need to play with that mechanic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
cad37 wrote:
actually some of them stick around, by accident -- need to play with that mechanic

I figured you meant for them to stick around haha. Which is new and could be a lot of fun. It's a lot of luck of whether you get that sidekick when you recruit them randomly and some added luck if you randomize your 5 heroes too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Patriot

Rick Jones

Kate Bishop

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Will probably add :

Avengers: Darkhawk, Stingray, Machine Man, Thunderstrike, US Agent, Starfox, Two-Gun Kid, Black Knight, Quicksilver

Guardians: Yondu, Mantis, Moondragon, Howard the Duck

X-Men: Doop. Dazzler, Warlock

Sharon Carter

Balder the Brave

Basically anyone that is too Minor to work as a regular character would be great for this deck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
cad37 wrote:
Need some feedback from the community. I think I just single-handedly saved this game !!

I didn't think the game needed saving haha
Also, if you plan on using characters "too minor" to be a regular character, I probably wouldn't at least worry about Patriot and other characters with sets that already exist. Side characters like Mary Jane or even Pepper Pots would be best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think rather than having them boost off of specific heroes it might be better to give them an effect that works well with that Heroes deck. That way they will still play well thematically with that character but aren't so limited in their usefulness. Given Hulk is one of 100+ heroes and this makes the sidekick stack huge, what are chances you draw Rick Jones in a game where you have Hulk cards?

Eg.
Rick Jones: Have a Recruit bonus for playing a strength card
Mary Jane: Something that plays off 2 cost cards
Warriors Three: Have a Thor-like if you made so much recruit thus turn you get X effect
Pepper Pots: Something that triggers off of tech?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That is worth considering for sure !
My plan is to have 30 plus. And use 15 each game. So if I have Luke cage in game I'll put his sidekicks in deck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I may have just created the most amazing addition to this game of all time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Ellis
msg tools
cad37 wrote:
NAh. Most people don't want to buy civil war for a nobody character like patriot. Better as sidekick

Oh yeah? Thank you for saving this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
cad37 wrote:
NAh. Most people don't want to buy civil war for a nobody character like patriot. Better as sidekick

Well, I will say that as a fan of the Young Avengers, I'm glad they are in the set. Including Patriot lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
EDIT: fixed cost

Spidey's buddy

Warriors Three

Lady Sif

Cosmo - needs better image

does whatever a ham does

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Debated whether to use Spidey or Avengers

Changed up a little from official card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Dynamo
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cad37 wrote:

I grew up with the Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends cartoon, so Firestar will always be a Spider-Friend in my eyes unless she's a New Warrior.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to the Marvel Master Database.

Created a New Sidekicks tab as there have been a couple of these types of entries. I'm only linking the initial post...not listing each of the sidekicks

Well done!

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
YBDynamo wrote:
cad37 wrote:

I grew up with the Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends cartoon, so Firestar will always be a Spider-Friend in my eyes unless she's a New Warrior.

And she kind of sucked as an Avenger. I may make the change

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'll comment on all of them, but since Ranger Rob is putting the link to this singular post, I recomend at least posting the other sidekicks here eventually. Just edit the original post so they are all together at the top. Will make it easier for new people to look thru them all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cade c
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I will move them here no problem

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is my third post after Tigra's and other one. Please keep that in mind!

1. I like DumDum. I think it is unnecessary to say you don't need to send him back when the current format has it printed when you do. But kinda a nitpick.

2. I LOVE Herbie. Thematic and fun. And a great example of "You could treat him like a Sidekick, or keep him around cause he fits with you!" And the restriction is a great idea. Keeps him from being OP and adds to his theme.

3. Little torn on this. I like that it's a better fitting Lockheed, but there is already a Lockheed in the special sidekicks...Eh, he looks great!

4. Come on, Bob isn't Hydra?? haha. Also, he's a friend of Deadpool, right? I don't think he should punish him...but i'm not as up to date on Bob lol.

5. Again, we have a Zabu in the Pet Avengers...And I think the added attack is maybe a little OP. but then again, there will only be one of him and added luck makes him hard to get...eh lol

6. We also have a Redwing, yadda yadda haha. It's up to you on which you prefer. I don't know how balanced these "Bonus when you use a specific hero" cards will be.

7. Idk. Patriot just feels lacking to me. At least compared to other cards you made.

8. Spider-Ham could be a little OP...Maybe just move a Villain around? Not every Villain?

9. Rick Jones just has some inconstant wording compared to other cards when returning to the sidekick stack. Also, Ms. Lion (Pet Avenger) rescues a Bystander AND draws a card. So you might want to add something? Definitely think of matching his ability as if it would work in a Hulk deck. (I recommend that for any sidekick you want to match with a specific hero)

10. Again, idk if it's just the lack of class, but it feels like it's missing something.

11. I understand double class means not as good an ability...but idk. Feels lacking. Could maybe use 1 attack.

12. I understand the Warrior three's ability...but...does it mean Asgarding as in anyone from Asgard? The Asgard team symbol? I would maybe give them a spectrum ability to show working in threes?

13. (Lady Sif) You forgot the <ATTACK> after the +1. And I think this is fine. Go for it!

14. I would word Cosmo differently. Maybe "Guess a number and reveal the top card of your deck. If the cost of the hero matched the number, draw it and repeat the proccess."

15. I agree on making her a Spider friend. She's also in the Spider Friend's Adversary group in the Villain's set. And I think she could easily have an ability that increases with more Range heroes or something.

16. And again, we have a Lockjaw. And while your Teleport is more fitting...I like Phasing too much haha. So it's up to you on what you prefer. Especially if you make more Inhumans.

Hope that helps!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.