Popular Tags: [View All]
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
mbmbmb
There hasn't been a thread since early 2015, So to continue this tradition since 2013:

Who are currently your top 3 favorite Battlecon characters?

My own:
1.Seth
2.Eustace
3.Cadenza

Explanations of why are quite welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Marmelee
2. Caesar
3. Demitras

Demitras is a monster. wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
mbmbmb
Rook96 wrote:
1. Marmelee

I saw your post saying she was your favorite in one of the older threads.

What a masochist!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kehrolyn, Sagas and Iri. Endr fell to 4, but its still going strong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Byron. Floats like a cloud of smoke, hits like a freight train.
2. Lesandra. Has a companion for every possible situation.
3. Xenetia. The most interesting woman in the world (of Indines). She doesn't always make predictions, but when she does, she'll bet her life on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Kester
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Mikhail
2. Clinhyde
3. Byron

If its not obvious, I like character that do all the damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Welsie (I just love how her UA breaks the cooldown mechanic)
2. Kaitlyn (did I say I love manipulation of time? I love manipulation of space as well)
3. Burgundy XII (yeah, I know he's not out yet, but come on, a color out of space, how cool is that?!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris May
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Feeling lucky punk? Well, do ya?
mbmbmbmbmb

1) Eligor: He is pretty easy to play. His matches are over quickly one way or another. I love how he can really bring the pain. I had a memorable game where I countered an opponent's play on 1 round , then dashed past his finishing move the next, then absorbed his big attack and blasted him back on the last round to win the game. His counter style is my favorite.

2) Gerard: he is almost the opposite of Eligor. He is about inevitability. As I get gold and drop more mercenaries, the harder he is to beat. He can also burst by anteing instead of buying.

3) Rukyuk: I love the ammo token mechanic. I love how he can get what he needs each turn. His weakness is his high minimum ranges.

Honorable mention: Lord Eustace; this is my favorite character story wise, but I can't see pm to be very good with him. I don't think I understand how to use him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrisgmay wrote:

Honorable mention: Lord Eustace; this is my favorite character story wise, but I can't see pm to be very good with him. I don't think I understand how to use him.

On that, there is one thing we already noticed about him: if you are NOT playing with the Force Gauge, give up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris May
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Feeling lucky punk? Well, do ya?
mbmbmbmbmb
dinobottm2 wrote:
Chrisgmay wrote:

On that, there is one thing we already noticed about him: if you are NOT playing with the Force Gauge, give up.

I have never used the force gauge variant. What does it add that helps eustace so much?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stun guard. It turns Baron's Shot into a real nightmare for your opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrisgmay wrote:
dinobottm2 wrote:
Chrisgmay wrote:

I have never used the force gauge variant. What does it add that helps eustace so much?

The characters from Fate and on are/will be balanced with the gauge in mind, as it is the new standard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Carriere
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really don't like playing with gauge. Not fun to me. Will the the Trials characters be unbalanced against the older ones if I don't play with gauge?

Does it mean the Fate characters are unbalanced against older ones when no playing in Force Gauge mode?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bolga wrote:
I really don't like playing with gauge. Not fun to me. Will the the Trials characters be unbalanced against the older ones if I don't play with gauge?

Does it mean the Fate characters are unbalanced against older ones when no playing in Force Gauge mode?

Technically, if you aren't using the Gauge, you are already playing with an unbalanced cast, as we mentioned Eustace already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
mbmbmb
I sadly find the Force Gauge to be one of the least fun parts of the game and never use it. I know that there are aspects of fighting games it lightly mimics, but it isn't satisfying to me in the way that ante or special action cards are.

I still love to play Eustace and play him a LOT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eustace is perfectly viable with or without the force gauge, just a bit more matchup dependent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Iaxus
2. Xenitia
3. Kajia

Honorable mentions include: ARIA, Karin, Welsie.

I gravitate towards zoners and characters with lots of positioning control. Xenitia is a bit of of an odd character out, but I really enjoy her ability to tank like crazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Karnuth
United States
Fleming Island
Fl
flag msg tools
badge
And now we wait.
mbmbmbmbmb
Doing something a little different, top 3 overall, not necessarily faves to use:

1. Voco - A metal playing guitarist who uses music to raise the dead? Sign me up! \m/(>_<)\m/

2. Eustace - Turning the skeletons are evil trope on its side, a gentlemanly fellow who believes in a fair fight and still taking care of his people, even in undeath. (I'm a big fan of Dudley in the Street Fighter series, too.)

3. Burman - I voted against his inclusion in Fate, but you have to love a millennium+ old dragon who just wants to leave the past in the past and live life as a normal person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - SETH (Long story short, he is the embodiment of how I love playing BattleCON. Besides, he has great buttons and Raw Omens are HYPE).

2 - KHADATH (My War Main and one of the characters that "clicked" after getting tips from someone else. A really versatile character who is deceptively fast).

3 - REXAN (Bias because I helped design his current kit. Trades like a demon and tanks like a . . . tank).

As you can tell, I love playing "consistent" characters. They perform similarly regardless of who they fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micah
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Tatsumi
2. Iri
3. Oriana

Tatsumi and Iri are both highly versatile characters with lots of shifting tactics, which appeals to my love of options and variety. Oriana is super difficult to use effectively, but her payouts are some of the most satisfying in Battlecon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Crouch
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Mine are:

1. Alumis: the character's style, their role in the lore, and the way their UA shakes up the opposition are all really fun to me.

2. Rukyuk: The Ammo mechanic feels so solid, his design is great, and his background does a lot to describe the world of Indines itself.

3. Cesar: The idea of a cool, grizzled old cyborg dude whose body amps up then sputters out is a lot of fun to play, and says a lot about the faction that he serves. It's really rewarding to use the opponent's expectation of how his UA works against them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Van Laningham
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Ø Seven. Because bias.
2. Rin. Because rushdown.
3. Tanis Trilives. Because.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ithry wrote:
1. Ø Seven. Because bias.
2. Rin. Because rushdown.
3. Tanis Trilives. Because.

Rin? Doesn't sound familiar...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect he's working with some next-level insider information, since null seven isn't a playable fighter yet either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
themanfromsaturn wrote:
I suspect he's working with some next-level insider information, since null seven isn't a playable fighter yet either.

true. Division 13 still has big gaps in BattleCON. I'd love to see Ø Seven. I'm just not sure I ever heard the name "Rin" before...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.