$30.00
Pedro Spaceballoongames
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Guys,

I'm collection the last notes before launching our kickstarter campaign next week. (7th September).

Can you have a look of the kickstarter page we prepared for our game Brides & Bribes?

here you have the link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spaceballoongames/51348...

We worked a countless number of hours on it.... but now we really need more people to see it and give us comments about everything!

Grazie mille!

Pedro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Keller
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The link just goes to the Kickstarter home page. I think you need to enable the page to be previewed if it hasn't launched yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chopperdan wrote:
The link just goes to the Kickstarter home page. I think you need to enable the page to be previewed if it hasn't launched yet.

The problem is that BGG truncates URLs that contain '?', so KS redirects to the home page if it can't find the sub page.

If you quote the OP, you can copy the url, paste into a browser, and it will open the correct page.

Pedro, it needs to be put it through a URL shortener, such as tinyurl. Here you go: http://tinyurl.com/hxku3od

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping to Australia, 28 Euro(AUD41)Ouch...
Total cost for 1 DL version to OZ (135+)
Total cost for 2 DL Version to OZ (230 or $115 each)

Can't say this is a selling point.
Looks like a no go for me.

And will probably get the OZ unfriendly Seal.
Unless the Postage/Shipping is reduced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Spaceballoongames
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
@Paul: Thanks for the link!
http://tinyurl.com/hxku3od works perfect! I didn't know the BGG problem.

@Kon: You are right, the shipping cost for Australia are high.. We are still looking for a solution. Everything depends from the number of possible backers we can get in OZ.

At the moment we thought to offer the same shipping cost if two boxes are bought and to ask for a special quote for group order.

We will look for more possible solutions though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
You really do need a native English speaker to look over your KS page. And although you clearly say you will revise the rules with better English, I would advise you do that prior to launch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Spaceballoongames
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Adam,
About the English we had friend from the UK and US to look at the page already. But if you see some major mistake please let me know. We will change it immediately!
To fix the rules we will get a professional if the kickstarter will fund.

We want a good and professional product for the retailers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
The game looks excellent. But there are a few awkward sentences on the page.

Poor: "The incredible interaction between players makes this game evilly fun! The sequences of actions and counteractions is guaranteed to keep you busy during all game!"
Better: "The incredible interaction between players makes this game evilly fun! The sequences of actions and counteractions is guaranteed to keep you busy the entire game!"

Poor: "In Brides & Bribes, we use icons to make it language neutral. Icons are explicated on the rulebook and on the back side of each player board."
Better: "In Brides & Bribes, icons are used to make the game language neutral. They are explained in the rulebook and on the back side of each player board."

But the one that stood out to me was one review quote:

Poor: "I haven't played this before. It's really well done. Interesting."
Better: "I haven't played a game like this before. It's really well done. Interesting!"

There might be other places that need improvement - I only glanced over the page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Spaceballoongames
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Adam!

changes made!

Thank a million for the help! you have been very helpfull!

One more question to all of you: a minority of people is asking to translate all quotes from foreign reviewers in English.
Personally I like them in their own language but...

what do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
A number of publishers offer group buys for us Aussies, or they have done a deal with a local distributor to ship in a container or several palettes, which reduces the cost per item considerably.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Spaceballoongames
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
@ Craig. for groups of more than 6 people we offer a direct contact with us (by email) to get a special quote. It will depends from how many requests we get.
Our intention is to reduce the shipping cost as much possible everywhere.

To get a special price from a shipping company we need a couple of pallets minimum (aprox. 300 games).

Lets hope Australians like Brides & Bribes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Spaceballoongames
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
@ Aussies

We contacted an Australian fullfilment company that already worked with different kickstarter! (Good Games)

But in order to get a quote it would be nice to get an estimation of the game copies to ship out.
Can you send an email to my collegue Elisa:
elisa@spaceballoongames.com
with the quantity you would like to order? she will be happy to send you a special quote for group order!

let us know!

Pedro

Kickstarter link:
http://goo.gl/2K4A1J

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.