Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Felix Rodriguez
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone else found that always going for this combo makes the game to easy? All you needed to get to 16 is a single extra card beyond the hand limit. Should be easy enough. I've now won two super quick games by playing this combo and getting an extra owl in my hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
Brandon
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as your mobilisation is geared for it and you have generally cheap cards to hold off the ravage it is not too hard to reach.

Do remember the hand limit at the end of the round is 10 (discard down) which makes it a bit more challenging.

Also if you actually want to make it harder to win this way, try drawing only two cards per turn instead of 3.

Of the different feats the Armistice is probably the easiest to play for. I've found fish flood and charging whales to be much harder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor James
United Kingdom
Norwich, Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find these 'extra' cards (fish, whales and stag)alien to the spirit of the game and would prefer to leave them out. I do include them as I don't like messing with the rules unless they are approved by the game designer. But they don't really add to the game and I tend to just ignore them if they are drawn at the mobilisation stage i.e. they are left sitting on the table next to my defensive pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alien Amongus
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Achieved the same result after one ravager draw - but everything still had to fall right (1 owl in hand, two more in deck plus fish to pay for it all). From mobilization to first hand to first ravager draw - all worked out perfectly. Would not have liked my odds if it had not fallen that way. I like the feats - I understand some concern over them potentially being overpowering but in the end it adds great variety to what is a highly enjoyable game. And as said already - drop it to two cards if you want but get ready for a much rougher ride!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dwyer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to use these particular cards as "scenario" cards. That is, I pick one before drafting my deck. Then, for the particular game, the only win condition is winning with the particular card (instead of ending the game with no desolated trees).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.