Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the bonus symbols offered by ships and heroes be used for both the raid card and the ones drawn from the action deck or is each symbol only allowed to be used once? And if so that's a pain to keep track of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Qunell
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe each symbol can only be used once each turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HawkFan wrote:
I believe each symbol can only be used once each turn.

But it's not clear in the rules. They say they can only be used once for the raid card but not this step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
It is once per raid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Can the bonus symbols offered by ships and heroes be used for both the raid card and the ones drawn from the action deck or is each symbol only allowed to be used once? And if so that's a pain to keep track of.

The rules mention that you can tilt your card to remember that you have used the symbol of a card you have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nusferatu wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

The rules mention that you can tilt your card to remember that you have used the symbol of a card you have.

but some cards offer multiple symbols so that doesn't always work especially if you only used one of three.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The hero's symbol is only ever used once. When you use your hero, you *always* discard the hero (either going on a single raid or to use their special ability). If you have the one hero whose power is to let you keep her by discarding a viking, you can use her symbol again in the next raid on the very same turn, if you can manage that. The ship you use will be damaged and offshore, but if you bring your ship in each time, you can use it (and its symbol) on subsequent raids that turn as well.

Buildings are tapped to show that you have used its symbol, but I'm pretty sure no building has multiple symbols that can all be used at the same time (going from memory here). A bunch of buildings have symbols separated by slashes "/", which is the universal symbol for "OR", so when you pick one to use, you tilt the building and are done for that round.

Yes, I know there is a game or two out there where the slash is used for something else, but that is the exception, not the norm. I can't remember if this rulebook spells it out or not, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, ships and heroes cannot use their symbol to help you recruit vikings, if I remember correctly. You'd have to double check, but I think ships and vikings are raid-only. That is how we've been playing it, anyway, and now I'm curious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game really should have came with some player aids. NSKN seems to be behind on stuff like that. Same for simurgh. Hoping someone makes them or they release them later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
This game really should have came with some player aids. NSKN seems to be behind on stuff like that. Same for simurgh. Hoping someone makes them or they release them later.

And player mats with player colors... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
'

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/136393/player-aid-v11

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1

Thinking of putting color stickers or something on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Wiltshire
Australia
Ingleburn
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

Remember that you use the green, brown and yellow symbols for the bonus point process not the red, blue and black ones. The ships and Heroes only offer red/blue/black bonuses except the specific Heroes with the Raid ability of the other kind of symbols specifically for the card flip step of the raid. So they can only be used once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.