A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: First game questions: cancel orders??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jerry baker
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1 after revealing your order tokens. Say you don't want to march, may you do nothing and effect cancel that order or are you forced to march?

2 are their only 2 neutral places in a 6 player game?

3 do castles /strongholds count as units for defense??? Or give you any defense bonuses? Or do they just count as mustering points and victory points?

4 if my exhausted army gets attack and thus can provide no combat points, can I still win the combat with a house card?

5.islands (the land circled in white), do units their need boats to be transported from island to mainland?

6.is this game any good?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You resolve any of your march orders. You can choose to march 0 units with the order.

5. Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben Dijkstra
Netherlands
flag msg tools
bakerid2000 wrote:

2 are their only 2 neutral places in a 6 player game?

3 do castles /strongholds count as units for defense??? Or give you any defense bonuses? Or do they just count as mustering points and victory points?

4 if my exhausted army gets attack and thus can provide no combat points, can I still win the combat with a house card?

6.is this game any good?

2 Yes (The Eyrie and Kingslanding)

3 A castle or stronghold doesn't give defence. The homearea's have a garrison token, which stays until loosing a combat over that area. The garrison token provides 2 combat points.
If the embattled area contains a stronghold/castle, the only difference during combat is what a siege unit provides and some specific house card texts.
Yes, stronghold/castles are used as victory points and mustering.

4 Yes.
Your routed (retreated) units provide 0 combat strength. An order token it that area with routed units however, can still give combat strength (like the +1 support or the defence orders). The combat is resolved normal, so with all the combat strength modifiers, including house cards. Routed units can't retreat again so they die when their area is conquered.

6 This is my favourite game, and many people like this game very much. It is best to play with 6 players and that can be hard to arange sometimes, since a game can lasts between 3 - 6 hours in my experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You can always choose to march 0 units when resolving a March order. You cannot choose not to resolve an order when you have one available.

2. Yes. The Eyrie and Kings landing.

3. They just count as victory points and mustering points. They don't give any bonuses in defense. In fact they are a liability in defense as they can be targeted by siege engines.

4. Yes.

5. Yes.

6. Yes. Oh yes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.