Subject: Necromancers scenario rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Rossney
United States
San Francisco
California [CA]
flag msg tools
This is a fun little scenario, though not particularly deep. But there's a pretty significant oversight. The Undead player doesn't have a city -- he builds units by using his necromancers to summon them. So what does he do with the experience cards that give him resources? Or the Town Portal? Does he just suck up the useless experience cards? Is an experience deck full of unusable cards supposed to be a handicap?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin hoffer
United States
Los Angeles
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Re:Necromancers scenario
UhhhClem (#23790),

I think I saw a site that stated updates, and in a scenario when a race can't use a card, it should be removed from the deck prior (or just discard it and draw a new one after showing it to the other player.) I came across the same thing, and since I play Upfront, which has what are called "Cower" cards (useless by scenario or culture) I gave it a chance. Then we decided on our own that that was ridiculous in Warcraft, and took them out. My problem with this scenario is that the human player HAS to go get him with the same strategy, in which case he'll win, or the Necromancer will win. The necromancer has choices, but it's a bit like Tic Tac Toe, whever the first person put their x determines the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.