Subject: Quest 3: The Shepherds - Modified 3D Map rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's some modified 3D map of Quest 3: the Shepherds (rescue the villagers) we played through last friday. Though the figs are still unpainted, I felt like I might share.

• [+] Dice rolls
M. P
Denmark
flag msg tools
i'm curious about 2 things

first, that's an awesome setup, what is the price of such a marvel ?
Or is it homemade ?

second, how do you determine movement ? i see some lines but the chunks seem too big for "standard" movement rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Volumunox wrote:
i'm curious about 2 things

first, that's an awesome setup, what is the price of such a marvel ?
Or is it homemade ?

I bought everything. Had to paint some furnitures though.

You don't want to know how much it cost me. The external tiles are rather cheap though, and sold as such.

Quote:

second, how do you determine movement ? i see some lines but the chunks seem too big for "standard" movement rules.

It is exactly as you guessed. Each tile is a square for movement purpose, and once you enter a building, each room becomes a square equally (so each building ranges from 1 to 6 squares). A full map usually counts between 35 to 55 squares. It's just simple as that, and it works well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh my bloody heaven of all that that is marvelous!!!
THAT IS AWESOME!! make me wish I had:
1. a bigger gaming room, so I set a few of this around and just move playing chair from one table to the next
2. money to do the above
3. patience and talent to do the above

wow!! wow!! wow!! good sir, just WOW!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Linna
Finland
Helsinki
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You change the rules appropriately and play like Warhammer. But that village is crazy cool!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M H
msg tools
And I'm over here like, "Hey, my cardboard bent and one of my tiles is warping."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam ko
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's really amazing !surprise

What's the brand of the outdoor tiles ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really a "brand" actually, more a local german reseller:

http://www.tabletop-modellbau.de/modulare-spielplatte/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice use of terrain. Well done indeed!

And, just so I am clear, when you answered a previous question about movement, your answer, in essence, is that each "Tile" is equal to a Zone in game terms; is this correct? Or at least for outdoors or "Street Zones" as it were.

For the interior zones, I am a little confused. Where there is at least a partial wall, such as the second structure from the left (with what appears to be red tile flooring in the first picture, I can easily see that as a possible two-zone area. The leftmost structure would appear to be a single zone. However, the last three "Rooms" seem less obvious to me in terms of how zones are defined?

Regardless, these boards look fantastic, I would that lots of people get a chance to play on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
QorDaq wrote:

And, just so I am clear, when you answered a previous question about movement, your answer, in essence, is that each "Tile" is equal to a Zone in game terms; is this correct? Or at least for outdoors or "Street Zones" as it were.

For the interior zones, I am a little confused. Where there is at least a partial wall, such as the second structure from the left (with what appears to be red tile flooring in the first picture, I can easily see that as a possible two-zone area. The leftmost structure would appear to be a single zone. However, the last three "Rooms" seem less obvious to me in terms of how zones are defined?

It's that simple indeed. Everything is well defined at the beginning of the game so everyone knows how many spaces each building has. But indeed, every outdoor tile is a street zone, and every room (ie usually a clearly defined space surrounded by 4 walls +/- a door) is a building zone. I also make sure every building has several exits, in order to avoid goings and comings. Some buildings have two floors as well (connected by stairs).

It really works well actually.

I'm already working on another scenario with some underground caves...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam ko
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
Not really a "brand" actually, more a local german reseller:

http://www.tabletop-modellbau.de/modulare-spielplatte/

Thanks ! I know what I want for chrismas now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Shirtz
United States
Rensselaer Falls
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Game Board designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As Mister Rogers, a former American children TV show host was wont to sing:

I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

Won't you please,
Won't you please,
Please won't you be my neighbor?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nandy Velez

Puerto Rico
msg tools
mb
That looks amazing, I now want to try and make a bigger 3d board for my zombicide when it shows up.....

Have you had a chance to play much?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to share a picture of what I have been doing with half painted Dwarven Forge (City Builder and Streets) tiles, but yours looks much better since the terrain is finished. Well done, sir!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talae wrote:
I was going to share a picture of what I have been doing with half painted Dwarven Forge (City Builder and Streets) tiles, but yours looks much better since the terrain is finished. Well done, sir!

that doesn't mean we wouldn't like to see your WIP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chang_1910 wrote:
Talae wrote:

that doesn't mean we wouldn't like to see your WIP
Posted: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23674967#23674967

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We made a second run last friday. This time I used prepainted miniatures (from Pathfinder, D&D,...) instead of the original ones. The scenario's homemade. Great fun, again. We eventually defeated the daemon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.