6 Posts

Sun Tzu» Forums » Rules

Subject: plague card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pedro garcía
msg tools
Hello all,

I m really having fun with this game and my son Antonio.

I would like to know what happens if i play a plague card in a region with one soldier of the other side? Is he removed from the region and placed in the reserve? Or you mantain the soldier because you can t round it down?

Thank you in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Half of one (rounded down) is zero, so i think thst plague has no effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this tonight for the first time. It was unclear after reading the rules. I am not sure I understand correctly how the effect of the plague card occurs. It says kill half of the troops rounded down. Does that mean if red has 8 troops and blue has 4 [=12] do you apply the effect to both red and blue separatley?

I imagine the answer is yes, so rd should lose 4 and blue should lose 2. Or, would you just count half of 12 and kill only 6 soldiers and the person who plyed plague gets to decide who dies.

Also, theres a card that says the plague kills all units except 1. Does that mean you will have 1 red AND 1/blue left in the region... Ortheres only one soldier that remains total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One area should have only one player army. When you receive army in area with enemy units, just remove this units and when there are no enemy units then put yours. With this info plague card should be now clear for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parker McParker
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Piotr said. Worth rereading the rules or watching a play-through as you have a fundamental rule wrong.

If you win a region by a difference of two, you remove two enemy armies. If the region has no enemy armies, you put two of yours on. If the region had a single enemy army on it, you would remove that and then put one of your armies on.

Hope that helps. It's often played wrong!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy -%&@%@# i cant believe i made this mistake!!! I reread the rules and see exactly what you mean. I had a feeling something wasnt right while we were playing the game. We just kept adding armies to regions no matter what. I found it weird how we were running out of armies so fast (hanging my head in shame!)

Time for a rematch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.