Roll for the Galaxy» Forums » General

Subject: Idea/Request: Scoring Pad for RFTG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven St. John
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
If I missed this topic further down the forums, I apologize.

At the end of RFTG, it sometimes gets complicated adding up your score. For example, sometimes you need to just add up your whole tableau, but other times, depending on your 6+ developments, you may need to know your settlement total, or your development total, or your development with reassign total, or your total in some subcategory (like cyan settlements). (At least off the top of my head.)

I'm wondering if anyone with a thorough knowledge of the 6+ developments has considered a scorepad that would simplify this.

The card game San Juan, which has similar issues ("6" point constructions that give end of game bonuses of various types) has a beautifully streamlined score pad that takes you through the calculations in an order that makes it so you never have to back-track:

I don't think it's possible to have quite such an elegant score pad for RFTG, because the 6+ bonuses are more diverse than in San Juan.

Anyone care to take a stab at this, or is it more trouble than it's worth?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb

This is one that I did for 'Race for the Galaxy' and had printed as part of the Arstcow 10 for $20 thing they had going which was mainly used for draw-bags, but they also offered post-it pads.

I didn't bother individually naming the 6 devs as there were too many - I just allowed sufficient to cover several 6 devs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven St. John
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Right, that won't do all the subtotal work for you on the 6+ devs, but that definitely would be a big help in streamlining the process. I'll have to see about adapting that.

Nice layout!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.