$20.00
$15.00
Charlie Brown
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Kids game.... and a price drop.

https://www.amazon.com/Asmodee-WALI01-Water-Lily/dp/B0037LTM...

(It's a Prime add-on item... means you would need to buy $25 of other merchandise to get this add-on.)

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/67178/water-lily

(Edit: Deal is gone; price is now $27.11)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Brown
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Re: Amazon Prime Add-On - Water Lily (Asmodee) - Kids Game - $7.09
The price is now $10.29 or so with Prime shipping.. Camelx3 says it's a drop from a recent average of $20.

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Asmodee-WALI01-Water-Lily/product...

Well, few people in my life (and none immediately available) would appreciate what happened as a result of ordering Water Lily as an Amazon Prime $7.09 add-on item a few days ago, so I thought I would add it here, as an add-on. My excitement acquiring this game can be described as tepid. I bought it because the price was excellent. It's not like I don't already have way too many kids games. I was curious as to how much quality I would get for $7.09, and I assumed it would be a good amount.

If nothing else I was assured of this sequence: opening the box with the kids, looking at the pieces, learning the rules, trying the game out and probably never playing it again--I've spent far more for less value than that.

So I received the box from Amazon this very morn, and merrily went through its contents shortly afterward. I had also bought a beautiful domino set, and Star Wars 5 Minute stories ( a storytime book ), and other games. But Water Lily was not there. In its stead, there was 7 Wonders, which confused me since I hadn't ordered it. Eventually I put 1 and 1 together.

Well, even though I have several Bauza games, I don't (didn't?) have this one, so I felt lucky. I figured I would spare Amazon the trouble of having to return this item for another as this customer is not wholly dissatisfied. So then I thought.. this is all well and good, but should I still buy Water Lily for $10 prime... And that is the end of the story--yep, with a question. I hope you did not find it too spammy assuming you even got this far.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Parsons
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
This happy accident happened to me as well... 7 Wonders for 7 dollars!

Not bad, Amazon; but where, oh where is my Water Lily?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake
msg tools
mbmb
Wait a second. So both of you purchased Water Lily and received 7 wonders instead? I think that might be a hidden hot deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Parsons
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Like the OP (thanks for the deal btw, Charlie), I re-ordered Water Lily at the slightly higher price. Maybe Kingdom Death: Monster it will arrive this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kingston
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm sorry Smokey. You were over the line.
badge
Too many games, too little time!
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered one - at a dollar per wonder it was too good to pass up.

Actually, I think my girls will love Water Lily. Thanks for the deal!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Johnson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bit on it as well. I've been looking for deals on quality kids games now that I have one of my own, so I figured why not? Worst case scenario is that I end up with 7 Wonders instead. Or is that best case scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lisa H.
msg tools
I ordered Water Lily for just over $10. I would've been happy with it, since it looked really fun and my girls would love it. Received 7 Wonders, which I am not the least bit disappointed in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Johnson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up with 7 Wonders as well. Darn it whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kingston
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well. 7 Wonders showed up last night.

Slightly off topic, why does Amazons board game packaging suck so badly? I've seen my wife get small plastic bottles of makeup or something arrive in a box much too big for it surrounded by air packets. My games show up in a box slightly larger than the game with a piece of brown paper thrown in for cushioning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
On the item page:

"Item Under Review

This item is currently unavailable because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible."

So who complained about getting 7 Wonders for $10?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kingston
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol not me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Brown
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
abonosky wrote:
On the item page:

"Item Under Review

This item is currently unavailable because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible."

So who complained about getting 7 Wonders for $10?!

I think Johnny K called in to complain about too many air packets in the box.

What's heavier: a ton of air packets, or a ton of bricks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kingston
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lol I'm drowning in air packets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.