Dead of Winter: The Long Night» Forums » Rules

Subject: Attacking special zombies with weapons. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter T
msg tools
Exit, stage left!
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you allow to attack special zombies with weapons?

The rules state they can only be killed with a basic attack, but can you use weapons that negate exposure roll or taget multiple zombies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have played where they can be, but you still need to roll a d6 to activate the text on the back of the audio logs.

I suppose, thematically, some of the text wouldn't make sense if killed with the sniper for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes we play a kind of 'melee' rule - so close up attacks only. Perhaps they should be clearer about using ranged weapons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use any weapon, so long as that weapon still requires an attack action (ie. spending a dice) to use. So sniper rifles, no, but pistols yes. The "story" of the cards is that these zombies require a more direct confrontation to be dealt with - for better or worse. So, you can't just stand back and pick them off with a sniper rifle (or grenade launcher) as you would a normal zombie.

You can, however, minimize your risk of exposure by going in with a pistol rather than just your bare hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergey Pr1celess
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about a lighter "weapon" + fuel and a special zombie.
Lighter description says what you make attack (use dice in my opinion) and place fuel card in trash to kill several zombies in location. Should I roll special d6 as a result of attacking special zombie if he is one of the attacked?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pr1celess wrote:
I have a question about a lighter "weapon" + fuel and a special zombie.
Lighter description says what you make attack (use dice in my opinion) and place fuel card in trash to kill several zombies in location. Should I roll special d6 as a result of attacking special zombie if he is one of the attacked?

I would say yes, because they might not get killed by the fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergey Pr1celess
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And what happened If attacking charachter dies after this?
Should I return common zombies in a box as killed? Or my attack failed on a special zombie and characther spent fuel (and his life) for nothing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Common zombies would still be dead (or deader). It would just be the Raxxon zombie that survives if you don't roll what is required to meet the requirements. If the Raxxon zombie kills the character then you have at least killed some common zombies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergey Pr1celess
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for answers!
I think the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pr1celess wrote:
Thanks for answers!
I think the same.

No problem

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.