GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,704 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » England

Subject: New game buddies in BA3 area! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ashley Woodrow
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi all. First post!

Basically me and my girlfriend have just moved to the Radstock area and we'd love to meet some new people to game with. We're into Catan, Carcasonne, Seasons, 7 Wonders, Hive, Takenoko and many more but it'd be great to try out some new-un's too.

Are there any games night clubs in Shepton/Radstock/Frome etc? If not is anyone up for starting something?

Always good to meet new people in general and obviously the more gaming the better!

Anyway, thanks for reading, I look forward to your swift and numerous responses!!

Ash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Marsh
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
and in the middle
badge
Grrrr!
mbmbmbmbmb
Frome has a club every Thursday, see here The Frome Board Games Club, with monthly Sunday meets as well. I don't know of any others in the towns you suggested, but there are regular meets in Bath and Trowbridge as well.

Sam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG Ashley, I hope you enjoy your stay.

There is a fledgling group starting in Shepton, see Somerset Board Gamers and Magic Players for more details, their next meeting is this Thursday 8 September.

The Taunton Board Gamers are, I suspect, too far for you for regular sessions, but if you ever find yourself our way on a Friday night, please do drop in for a game or three.

Best of luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
River Song
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I love my cats!
badge
Spoilers!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ashley, Bath Gaming Group meet every Tuesday night at 7.30pm at Widcombe Social Club, Widcombe Hill, Bath, BA2 6AA. https://www.facebook.com/BathGaming/ You'd be very welcome to come along.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey-Jones
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ash,

I am close to Shepton (West Cranmore) and I plan on going to Shepton games this week on Thursday and will be taking along a few games, even though I am sure they will have enough for everyone to play. The Shepton Games also have a facebook page that may be worth joining to keep tabs on what is happening.

Jonathan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
meepleonboard
United Kingdom
Somerset/London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ashley,

Welcome to BGG - I'm in Shepton, won't be able to make it to the meet this week but am planning on being there on future occasions.

Happy gaming!

Nick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Woodrow
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks Sam The Frome club looks great, I like Frome so i'll definitely check it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Woodrow
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks Stephen, I'll check them out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Woodrow
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi River Song.

Thanks for the invite, i'll try and make next Tuesday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Woodrow
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi Jonathan.

Thanks for that, sounds great. I'm free Thursday evening so I may well see you there! What games are you taking? That's a SERIOUS collection you've got going on there!!

Ash
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Woodrow
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi Nick

I will definitely attend a Shepton night soon so no doubt I'll see you there!

Ash
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rock Chick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Ahhh thank you Stephen kisskisskiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rock Chick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks also Jonathan kisskisskiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.