Popular Tags: [View All]
Madhujith Venkatakrishna
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

Just need a quick clarification on scoring the tracks...specially the final points if your black rail reaches the end and you don;t have the locomotive that reaches till that....E.g. Moscow- Black track reaches 9 but I have a 5 Locomotive....do I score that 15 points or not?

Similarly for other tracks too.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Best,
Madhu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Do you mean say the Kiev track where space 9 gives 10 VP?

There is no need for a train. Trains are needed for standard end of round scoring. Otherwise, for things on your player board, they are needed only if the space has the picture of a train in it. There is no picture of a train in the final space of the various tracks so there is no need for you to own a train on that track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
madhujith wrote:
Hi All,

Just need a quick clarification on scoring the tracks...specially the final points if your black rail reaches the end and you don;t have the locomotive that reaches till that....E.g. Moscow- Black track reaches 9 but I have a 5 Locomotive....do I score that 15 points or not?

Best,
Madhu
General rule: do you see a locomotive on that space or not? If not, you don't need a locomotive. Therefore, the 10-VP bonuses on all three tracks are earned once when the respective black track reaches that position.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madhujith Venkatakrishna
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:
Do you mean say the Kiev track where space 9 gives 10 VP?

There is no need for a train. Trains are needed for standard end of round scoring. Otherwise, for things on your player board, they are needed only if the space has the picture of a train in it. There is no picture of a train in the final space of the various tracks so there is no need for you to own a train on that track.

Thanks....you're right, that was my question and I now have the answer! Thanks a ton!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madhujith Venkatakrishna
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picon wrote:
madhujith wrote:
Hi All,

Best,
Madhu
General rule: do you see a locomotive on that space or not? If not, you don't need a locomotive. Therefore, the 10-VP bonuses on all three tracks are earned once when the respective black track reaches that position.

Thanks a ton, this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picon wrote:

In addition, pages 16-17 of the rules spell out the various cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.