Subject: Looking For a New Game for the Group! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gurney Buchanan
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hey Guys,

It's my first time here and I need some suggestions! I am fairly new to board gaming, only been doing it for about a year, but I am looking to possibly get a new game on the barnes and noble 40% off sale!

I currently have Catan, Dominion, Pandemic, Stone Age, 7 Wonders, Small World, Ticket to Ride, Axis and Allies, Risk, and a couple others. We particularly enjoy Catan, Dominon, and most recently Pandemic! We like having more than 2 players but recently we have often only had 2!

I have looked at Agricola and Caverna, but they aren't avalable on Barnes and Noble!

Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McKinney
United States
Kingsville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Any particular style of game your looking for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gurney Buchanan
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Nothing really in particular, I would prefer something cooperative or something that isnt directly competitive, namely like Agricola.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gurnben wrote:
. . . something that isnt directly competitive, namely like Agricola.

I'm assuming that Agricola is the example of a game that isn't directly competitive, as opposed to an example of a directly competitive game.

The first suggestion that comes to my mind is Splendor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McElroy

Cedar Hill
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forbidden Desert
Agricola and Caverna seem like a big leap in complexity and time from what you're currently enjoying. Also, if you like catan then I would recommend Machi Koro. It's a dice chucker much the same, but different...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Philip
Canada
Nanaimo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
I cant recommend Flash Point: Fire Rescue enough. A great cooperative game where you play as a team of firefighters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Castles of Burgundy
Castle Panic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Agricola not at Barnes and nobles? Since when? I see it there always and even farmers of the moor expansion, the two player game. Not caverna, though.

Orléans I suggest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.