Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Schuber
United States
Big Bear City
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This has come up in a few games recently and I am curious to see if I'm getting this right. I know that if you use MC to overspend you get the remainder back (i.e. you spend 10MC on a 8MC card and get 2MC in change).

I also know that if you overspend either steel or titanium on anything you do not get the remainder back (i.e. you spend 10 steel on a 8MC card with the steel tag to pay for it).

However I am wondering if plants, energy and heat follow the rules of MC or do they follow the rules of steel and titanium? I've been playing it as it is like steel and titanium where I don't get the remainder back. I feel this is correct because it makes more sense that you get money back but not non-monetary resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule for steel and titanium makes sense as you are selling units worth a certain amount. With plants, energy and heat, the cubes are grouped to represent how much you have. You can break those cubes up. So paying a gold cube for a greenery tile would get you two copper cubes in change and both of these are plants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Schuber
United States
Big Bear City
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ah, I see what you are saying, good point. So you do get change back for the rest. Good to know this now, thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Love Nilsson
Sweden
Trelleborg
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmb
For an 8 M€ card with a building tag, you would spend 4 steel. No matter the worth of your cubes, you would pay that. So you would get a copper cube back for a silver one.

Where you don't get change back is if you paid 6 steel for an 11 M€ card or if you paid 5 titanium for a 13 M€ card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, of course you can split a gold cube into for example one silver and five bronzes at any time or pay 8 with a gold to get two bronze back. Otherwise no one would ever want to take gold cubes. The cubes are only representing a number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Fryxelius
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
LoveNson wrote:
For an 8 M€ card with a building tag, you would spend 4 steel. No matter the worth of your cubes, you would pay that. So you would get a copper cube back for a silver one.

Where you don't get change back is if you paid 6 steel for an 11 M€ card or if you paid 5 titanium for a 13 M€ card.

This is correct. The rule says that you can overspend with steel and titanium, but then surplus value is lost. You can pay 6 steel for an 11 MC card, but in most cases it would be more economic to pay 5 steel and 1 MC instead.

The cubes only represent the number of resources. You can exchange with the bank at any time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.