$30.00
jerry baker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Can you attack and win but du to house cards have no units to move into territory

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torben Dijkstra
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Yes, that is posible. The loosing house still has to retreat and if the area contains a Power token or garrison token that token is romoved. If that area contains a port with ships, these ships will be destroyed since ships can't exist in an port connected to an area that isn't controlled by the ship owner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ley
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There's only one house card that prevents movement into a territory if they lose, and I can't remember which martell card that is.

Only the loser takes casualties due to swords.

So your situation is rare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jerry baker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Only the loser takes casualties? ?? Is this correct? So if I win the combat but my opponent had multiple swords on his card I wouldn't take any losses?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
RULEBOOK, PAGE 19 --

The Sword Icon: During the “Combat
Resolution” step, the player who won the
combat (i.e., the victor) counts the number
of Sword icons on his House card. For each
Sword icon, an enemy unit in the embattled area must be destroyed
(see “Casualties” on page 20).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ley
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bakerid2000 wrote:
Only the loser takes casualties? ?? Is this correct? So if I win the combat but my opponent had multiple swords on his card I wouldn't take any losses?

Yes
pg. 19 Rulebook the sword icon wrote:

...the player who won the combat counts the number of sword icons on his house card...

Edit:ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do note that cards with the skull symbol also kills units on the victorious side and that certain house cards (like mace tyrell) also applies on the winning side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
An-Lun Chin
Taiwan
flag msg tools
We had a battle once that House Tyrell attack House Lannister. Both have only one Footman and no support received. Tywin brought his Valyrian Steel's Blade to beat Mace's Footman alone after Lannister's Footman was removed by Mace's text ability. House Tyrell retreat and the embattled area is empty after the combat.

If Mace is defending one Footman's attack and lose the combat, the condition will fit your question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.