Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » Netherlands

Subject: Looking for a middle man in the Netherlands... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm from the UK and looking to buy...

Max de kat 15.95 Euro
Groot spelbord - Max de Kat 15.00 Euro

from this online store in the Netherlands

http://www.earthgames.nl/

The problem is that they don't accept Paypal, only a bank transfer. For me to make a bank transfer from the UK to the Netherlands, changing currency costs a very hefty fee.

Would someone be willing to make the bank transfer for me? I'd transfer all the money to them first through Paypal covering all fees, purchase price and postage. Then they would just make the purchase with my address for delivery.

Anyone willing? meeple
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Want to join a boardgaming club in Zuid-Limburg? www.BoardGamingInc.be
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Do they ship directly to the UK? Otherwise you'd also need to get the middleman to ship it to you, which means additional shipping costs... Just a heads up.
(if you haven't aked already, I could ask them?)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah they ship direct to the UK. thumbsup
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Arctic Jack wrote:
For me to make a bank transfer from the UK to the Netherlands, changing currency costs a very hefty fee.


EU regulations say bank transfers between EU countries shouldn't cost more than an intra-country bank transfer, so the only thing left is the exchange rate - and if that's more than paying the shipping price twice - which in essence is what you're doing - than you need to change banks.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eddy_sterckx wrote:
Arctic Jack wrote:
For me to make a bank transfer from the UK to the Netherlands, changing currency costs a very hefty fee.


EU regulations say bank transfers between EU countries shouldn't cost more than an intra-country bank transfer, so the only thing left is the exchange rate - and if that's more than paying the shipping price twice - which in essence is what you're doing - than you need to change banks.


I did it a few years ago and it cost around £10 or 12 Euro to do the transfer from the UK to Europe. I think it has something to do with the UK policy not my bank. In mainland Europe it was free to transfer.

I'm not paying the shipping price twice. thumbsup
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steel Whisper
Netherlands
Weesp
NH
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Friends & Foes, a new game store by some friends of mine here in Amsterdam also sells this game. If you send them an email I'm sure they can help you out: info@friendsfoes.nl
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Csuka
Netherlands
Den Haag
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is only true if both accounts have € on them. Since we are talking of £ from one side and € on the other there will be fees.
I am happy to help you.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A big thank you to...

Peter Csuka
Netherlands
Den Haag
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


for doing the job.

And another one for...

Wesley Fechter
Netherlands
De Goorn
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


for the offer.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Doctor
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You should have voted for the EU and joined SEPA (Single Eurpean Payment Area)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Csuka
Netherlands
Den Haag
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dok33 wrote:
You should have voted for the EU and joined SEPA (Single Eurpean Payment Area)

I think there is no need for making political statements.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Doctor
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
csukisz wrote:
dok33 wrote:
You should have voted for the EU and joined SEPA (Single Eurpean Payment Area)

I think there is no need for making political statements.


There is always room for humour. Especially when considering the British.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It all arrived yesterday. Quick delivery! Very pleased. thumbsup
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.