Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game page template has been changed recently and unfortunately, each time I click on a game link or open a game link in a new tab, it will start loading, freeze for 2 or 3 seconds, then resume loading.

Now the problem is that it freezes the entire browser for 2 or 3 seconds, not just the page currently being loaded. So loading a lot of pages in a new tab is just very annoying as you constantly have to wait for the freeze to stop.

From what I remember, I tested on:
Windows and linux

with at least
Firefox, Midori

And I have the same bug.

So I was wondering if there was a way to fix this. I don't mind if a page takes more time to load, but it should not freeze the rest of the browser.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
larienna wrote:

And I have the same bug.

With all the recent changes it might not be a bug, but another "undocumented feature"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
He sweetened his game with aspartame and an overgrown sign pointed the way to
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been talked over in several redesign threads and submitted via the feedback function, so it's a known thing with a mystery component.

I get lag in Firefox in Win 7 on a desktop computer, but not in Firefox in Win 10 on a laptop, even though it should not have more raw power than the desktop (and the Win 7 has no problems with the rest of the internet).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am on windows 7 and Debian 7, both same laptop. It's possibly a new "feature" that is very demanding for some reasons on some configuration. We should be able to identify it so that we can deal with it. If that feature is that important, it could be a config option for the user to disable that feature. Or maybe it can be blocked by blocking script or URL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.