Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Knapp
United States
Crystal Lake
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I have two questions from playing this game a few times.

1) Is there eradication in this game? I didn't see it in the rule book one way or another that if you clear out all the cultists from a city and the portal was closed in that city, then the portal would be "eradicated". I'm thinking that there isn't in this game and the only way to eradicate a portal would be to play the relic that lets you do so.

2) Is there a way you could run out of Cultist cards? The very first game we played we got down to 2 cards left in the cultist pile and then we pulled the "epidemic" card. We were only on 2 cards being pulled each time, but if we were at 3 then we could have possibly ended up with cultist cards to pull between "epidemics".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The relic card is the only way to "eradicate" that I know of.

2. If the Summoning deck ever runs out of cards, shuffle the discard pile to create a new Summoning deck. If this occurs in the middle of a Summoning step, the cards revealed during that Summoning step are not shuffled
and must stay in the discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Yager
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Robert. Here's your answers:

1. No there is no "eradication" like there is in proper Pandemic. And yes you are correct that the Elder Sign relic is the only way to prevent Cultists from reappearing in a town that has a sealed gate.

2. If you do manage to run out of the Summoning cards, you simply shuffle the discard pile back to create a new Summoning deck and resume drawing. It's unlikely to run out, but it can happen sine the Evil Stirs are randomly placed in the "equal piles" originally for the Player deck and you could have them separated from one another by many cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.