Shayne Hull
msg tools
I own Runebound and love it. I've painted 4 of the 6 figures and am thinking of getting Descent. I've notices that some of the same characters pop up in both Runebound and Descent (which makes sense being set in the same world).

The sculpts look identical. Are the figures the same size?

It doesn't seem like there are character duplicates in the base games; it's the expansions that add the same characters, e.g. a character that comes with the base game of Runebound can be found in a Descent expansion and vice versa.

If I did get Descent and the expansion that contained one of the figures I've already painted for Runebound, can I just use my already painted Runebound figure in Descent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
Identical figures. So go ahead, use the painted ones.

Edit: I was wrong, ignore me. Completely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy
Russia
flag msg tools
there are little differences in sizing and they were resculpted (difference obvious when sombaring side by side: http://imageshack.com/i/pmC1NS2pj) but changes ate minor, so why not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gregaria wrote:
Identical figures. So go ahead, use the painted ones.
No they aren't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harshman
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some Runebound 3rd edition figures are slightly smaller than the Descent 2nd edition Hero & Monsters, Laurel, Corbin, Elder Mok, Lord Hawthorne

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mlai00 Mlai00
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Runebound 3rd ed hero minis are actually the same size as the Descent 2nd ed core game hero minis. The Descent 2nd ed expansions and H&M packs made its newer heroes out-of-scale with the core game.

If you're using some D2e core heroes on a campaign, use your Runebound 3rd ed heroes to go with them, so you don't have a party composed of visibly different scales.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.