Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Adams
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When is this game coming out? The listing still says 2014. I've played it, and really liked it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Burke
United States
Belmont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
chadams wrote:
When is this game coming out? The listing still says 2014. I've played it, and really liked it.

Thanks Chad. We have a publisher who is very interested in the game, but wanted a change in one part of the gameplay. (They did not want party select to be silent, but open.)

We have developed a new mechanic to enable this and the game is just about there. It should make it to the market in 2017 one way or another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve G
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
"I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." ~Ettiene De Grellet
badge
MythicParty is a collaboration of socially-conscious geeks who raise $ to help various charitable causes- thanks to our supporters at Gen Con 2010, we raised $2,052 for an effort to help Gulf Coast recovery. Anyone can get involved just ask me how!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dopple Date?
The party select...as in choosing the roles/who is playing what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Burke
United States
Belmont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MythicParty wrote:
The party select...as in choosing the roles/who is playing what?

No for each quest, there is a party leader. The party leader must go on the quest, but chooses who they bring.

This used to be a silent process, but now all players can speak freely as to why they should be selected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve G
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
"I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." ~Ettiene De Grellet
badge
MythicParty is a collaboration of socially-conscious geeks who raise $ to help various charitable causes- thanks to our supporters at Gen Con 2010, we raised $2,052 for an effort to help Gulf Coast recovery. Anyone can get involved just ask me how!
mbmbmbmbmb
silent vs non-silent
Oh wow. That seems like a definite improvement because it makes the process more interactive as well as more realistic/keeping with the theme.

What do you & Steve"Not the Doppelganger!"Avery think about this change?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Burke
United States
Belmont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MythicParty wrote:
Oh wow. That seems like a definite improvement because it makes the process more interactive as well as more realistic/keeping with the theme.

What do you & Steve"Not the Doppelganger!"Avery think about this change?

I love it, We incorporate dice, which makes it feel a lot more like a role-playing style dungeon delve and helps provide cover for the Doppelgänger(s).

Once the party leader selects the party, all party members throw in 1 item to support the quest: Spells automatically trigger, some are good, some are bad, poison automatically fails the quest, elixirs do damage and heal, weapons do damage.

Everyone throws in 1 item card and 1 comes of the deck blind, then the party leader shuffles them and reveals, resolves all spells, then hands out weapons and elixirs to party members who can use them.

Then each party member with a weapon secretly, and blindly, draws 2 dice from a bag that has two black dice and one white dice.

They then put one of the dice back and keep the other to roll.
If they roll a white die, they roll against the "good" side of their weapon card, if they roll a black die, they roll against the "cursed" side of their weapon card. There is a different effect, and/or damage for each number 1 to 6, and cursed side is far worse than the good side.

In this way a Doppelgänger can always roll a cursed die, and good party members may sometimes only draw cursed dice.

Each weapon is different in what they do and spells really mix things up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.