Subject: Region VP Scoring - Size rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Davies
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi all,

From the English rulebook:
"As soon as a coloured region -- regardless of its size -- is completely covered with tiles, then this region is considered to be complete and scores victory points in two different ways:
Depending on its size (1 to 8 spaces), the completed region scores between 1 and 36 victory points[...]"

I've had a look at the boards, but I don't see how it would be possible to score 8 as there are no districts/regions that have that size. 7 is the highest. So why does 8 feature on the key?

The key can be found on the player boards:
1 = 1,
2 = 3,
3 = 4,
4 = 10,
5 = 15,
6 = 21,
7 = 28,
8 = 36.

Any clarification on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know base player boards by heart, but there definitely are boards with areas 8 large.
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/2575084/castles-burgundy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
scannerdarkly7 wrote:
Hi all,

From the English rulebook:
"As soon as a coloured region -- regardless of its size -- is completely covered with tiles, then this region is considered to be complete and scores victory points in two different ways:
Depending on its size (1 to 8 spaces), the completed region scores between 1 and 36 victory points[...]"

I've had a look at the boards, but I don't see how it would be possible to score 7 or 8 as there are no districts/regions that have that size. 6 seems the highest. So why do 7 and 8 they feature on the key?

The key can be found on the player boards:
1 = 1,
2 = 3,
3 = 4,
4 = 10,
5 = 15,
6 = 21,
7 = 28,
8 = 36.

Any clarification on this?

IT's there to allow for the eventuality of 8-size regions in expansion boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
In the original game, board 7 has size 7; board 2 has size 8.

Extensions: Board 13a has size 7; board 13e has size 8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Box
Mexico
Querétaro
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found this image from the Push your Luck podcast to show that Board 2 has a section with eight brown spaces together:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.