Subject: A bit more of rules clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexey Tchebykin
Russia
Москва
flag msg tools
Hello!
Have some more questions on the rules interpretation.
1) 5.1.8 Hitler's restrictions. Does it specifically refer to CV only or it should also refer to aircraft carriers (CV+CVE)?
2) the only place I can see that the torpedo boats can attack only from Torpedo section of battle display is is surface combat EoP. Is it intentional?
3) in the player aid I can sea that 9.3.2 only applies to campaign. Is it correct?
4) 12.3 prior to day 12. What does it mean? Does it mean that by the first turn of 12 day the fee should be paid?
5) 12.8 what is a minelaying objective hex?
6) 12.12 should we deduct the 5VP?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Janiec
United States
(Teller County)
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Quote:
Quote:
1) 5.1.8 Hitler's restrictions. Does it specifically refer to CV only or it should also refer to aircraft carriers (CV+CVE)?

CV only. During the period of this game, British CVEs did not carry strike aircraft and were no threat to Tirpitz.

Quote:
2) the only place I can see that the torpedo boats can attack only from Torpedo section of battle display is is surface combat EoP.

7.5.2.iv.

Quote:
3) in the player aid I can sea that 9.3.2 only applies to campaign. Is it correct?

No; this is an artifact from older rules that I failed to delete. blush No one ever noticed before! If a convoy disperses early in a fortnight, the Germans may be able to destroy lots of the dispersed MVs before the convoy can reform. In an Operation scenario, this is a potential game-breaker, as the Allies won't have time to recover. So originally I limited this possibility to the Campaign scenario, but changed my mind to simplify matters and because the circumstances have to be just right (or just wrong, if you're an Allied player!) for this to happen.

Quote:
4) 12.3 prior to day 12. What does it mean? Does it mean that by the first turn of 12 day the fee should be paid?

It's not a fee unless the Axis player tarries. If the Axis convoy fails to arrive in Kirkenes by the end of Day 11 PM, the Allied player scores the indicated VPs.

Quote:
5) 12.8 what is a minelaying objective hex?

A hex with a German Minelaying Objective symbol.

Quote:
6) 12.12 should we deduct the 5VP?

If you send a CB into the Kara Sea, you must deduct 5 VPs once during the operation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey Tchebykin
Russia
Москва
flag msg tools
Thanks))))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey Tchebykin
Russia
Москва
flag msg tools
One more small question. Is it ok for the aicraft to conduct both reconnaisance and combat in a single turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
Invicta
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say yes unless it is shadowing. I believe it would still need to make a location card draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Janiec
United States
(Teller County)
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Andrew is correct, with one clarification. You can use the same air unit for both reconnaissance and attack in the same hex if it is not shadowing and it is not being used to establish an Air Radius.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
Invicta
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification - it is something that I've wondered about previously.

So an individual R-capable aircraft unit can:

Recon
Recon and establish an Air Radius (If R+A capable)
Recon and Attack
Recon and then Shadow
Shadow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Janiec
United States
(Teller County)
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Quote:
Recon and establish an Air Radius (If R+A capable)

Technically it's the other way around: establish an Air Radius during the Air Movement Segment, then Recon during the Reconnaissance Segment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.