BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: 2-player coop to play with my wife rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shabazz
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, I'm trying to get my wife more into gaming, which is working fine so far, but we have yet to play some coop games. Only tried Pandemic for now and my wife liked it, so i am now looking for good 2 player coop games?

Doesn't necessarily need to be light, as we've played quite a few heavier competitive games already.

Thanks for any recommendations...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldritch Horror or even Arkham Horror

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island

Elder Sign

Pandemic: The Cure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Burgle Bros. - fun heist themed co-op game.
Flash Point: Fire Rescue - good fire-fighting themed co-op that has a ton of expansions when you're ready for something new
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Patchwork is very popular here at home. And to make the game better, you can purchase real buttons for about $5 in China and make them in stacks and stuff

Edit: What, how did I miss "coop" in the title...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you didn't indicate a theme preference, if things-with-guns is okay:
- Space Cadets: Away Missions
- Apocalypse Chaos
- Shadowrun: Crossfire
- Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game
And then we have Student Wizards (deck builder)
- The Big Book of Madness
And Pirates! (most like pandemic, but with some fighting)
- Dead Men Tell No Tales
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I second Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandemic is our go to as well and with the expansions it rarely gets old. My wife really enjoyed Pandemic Legacy: Season 1.

My wife surprised me by how much she enjoyed Mage Knight Board Game (with Mage Knight Board Game: The Lost Legion) but it is very heavy and I definitely recommend a couple solo runs first so you have it down.

Legends of Andor is a great fantasy puzzler. The third scenario is replayable or you can grab Legends of Andor: The Star Shield for random quests and bosses.

Bomb Squad is a really tense, real time game that has a lot of interaction. You basically can't see your own cards and have to guide each other along to dismantle bombs and rescue hostages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island. I think she will enjoy the game much more after watching several episodes of Naked and Afraid. It will help her to understand better the dangers and challenges of survival.

The official 2 player variant for Sylvion is also quite enjoyable especially if you play with the advanced rules.

Pandemic is okay, but didn't really click for me till Pandemic: In the Lab was added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Davis
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+ 1 Shadowrun crossfire, my personal favorite co-op, which I find the most enjoyable with two. And it has a nice level mechanic (completely optional), which makes it great for a couple.

+ 1 Warhammer quest. It looks like a lot but all the info is on the cards, and the base rules are quite good.

+ 1 Robinson Crusoe. Really meaty, but so fulfilling.

Sentinels of the Multiverse is perhaps not a very good game, but it is one of the most fun games out there.

Ghost Stories. It's a classic, and with good reason. It is one of the most streamlined, yet still deep games I've ever played.

XenoShyft Onslaught, is perhaps best with two or three. Very clever game that really rewards coordination and cooperation.

I like several other co-ops, but I don't necessarily like them with two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.