United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Other than being a tease for upcoming themes, do the teaser cards serve a purpose? Can you actually play with them? If not does that just mean they will be duplicated when the actual theme expansions come out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
The teaser cards are playable, we're treating them as if they were regular promo cards, for which the rules are that 1 copy of any promo card may be added to the relevant deck during setup, before shuffling.

The teasers have been chosen to be playable independently of the other cards in their theme pack, and to add something fun and flavorful to the game.

You can include any or all of them as you wish. I recommend not using any for your first 1 or 2 games, and then use them to spice up games after that.

They will eventually become redundant once the corresponding theme is released - the point of them is to have some fun extra cards to play with until that time, which in some cases may be a year or more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect! Thanks for a quick and informative reply! Looking forward to getting this game, roll on December...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.