Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Hands in the Sea» Forums » General

Subject: Card manifest component error? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Card Manifest section of the "Companion Guide", Section 8.6 lists the Carthaginian Empire cards.
It lists 1 Carthaginian Infantry and 1 Greek Phalanx.
Is this correct?
My copy of the game has 2 Carthaginian Infantry cards and NO Greek Phalanx card.

What do other's copies contain?
Did I receive a duplicate Carthaginian Infantry card or is the manifest incorrect?

PLB.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch. What you have is correct, the manifest is mistaken.

Carthage used to have only 1 Heavy Infantry, and the other card used to be a Greek Phalanx (merc) with a cost of 5. Playtesting revealed that an early "rush" strategy by Carthage was too powerful, so it was changed late in development. I just forgot to update the manifest. Sorry about that.

On a side note I almost went into a panic. Thank goodness I saved all my old emails and can search them.
5 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the clarification, and more importantly, thank you for the game.
I'll be getting this bad boy to the game table tomorrow!

PLB.
3 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
djberg96 wrote:
On a side note I almost went into a panic. Thank goodness I saved all my old emails and can search them.

I thought I was the only one at Knight Works that was supposed to fly into a panic. Well... maybe Judd on occasion? whistle

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Papenfuss
United States
Star
Idaho
flag msg tools
"Your results are back: it's negative"......um, is that a bad thing?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
djberg96 wrote:
Carthage used to have only 1 Heavy Infantry, and the other card used to be a Greek Phalanx (merc) with a cost of 5. Playtesting revealed that an early "rush" strategy by Carthage was too powerful, so it was changed late in development.


Just curious what the data on that Greek merc was, considering its cost and that it made for a powerful early rush by Carthage. Two swords? Non-Bribable?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mpappy wrote:
djberg96 wrote:
Carthage used to have only 1 Heavy Infantry, and the other card used to be a Greek Phalanx (merc) with a cost of 5. Playtesting revealed that an early "rush" strategy by Carthage was too powerful, so it was changed late in development.


Just curious what the data on that Greek merc was, considering its cost and that it made for a powerful early rush by Carthage. Two swords? Non-Bribable?

It was a Heavy Infantry with 2 swords that cost 5 SP and was bribable. It did not require a colonist.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.