Franklin Keystone enters the Grand High Masonic Lodge. When in
this room, any adventurer with Silver Quest Tokens may place them
in this room as a free action
. Once there are 5 Franklin Cypher
Codes (Silver Quest Tokens) are placed in this room, read the text
below.

From now on, by spending an Action token in the Grand High
Masonic Lodge, any adventurer can attempt to solve the riddles
(knowledge). For each success, place one collected Franklin Cypher code on this room.When this room holds 5 Franklin Cypher codes, you unlock the secret door to the Wendega’s hiding place. Read (3.2).

Place a silver quest token (franklin cypher code) in this room, it is for free or it is spending an action token to attempt a test of knowledge.
The text is contradictory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kellett
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The original book has much the same wording.

When we played the scenario, I took it to mean that you must place the 5 tokens in the room for free, then it will cost an action to make a knowledgecheck to ddecipher each one. When a check was passed, I moveda token onto the table in the centre of the room and once 5 successful checks had been made, the next event would trigger.

It is badly worded, but I think the intention is to have to collect all of the tokens before you can attempt to answer the riddles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The quick answer is that you're supposed to make Knowledge Checks in order to unlock the door. You're tracking your successful rolls with the tokens mentioned.

The idea is, when you make that roll, those codes can be placed in the room. Sorry for the confusion.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.