$30.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Subject: GLOG - 10 Septiembre 2016 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gungahlin Library Open Games (GLOG) is on this coming Saturday 10 September.

What: to play board/tile/card/dice games
Where: Gungahlin Library, corner of Hibberson St and Gozzard St.
Time: 10:15 am to 5:30ish pm
Room: Conference Room 1

This is a free event, just come along with a smile, and any of your favourite board games.

The games of month are:

Mombasa

and

I manage to borrow one of the 4 copies from TGC of:

Hit Z Road

Play these games for a chance to win a TGC gift voucher.

I also have 1 starting promo tile for Roll for the Galaxy. The first attendee to bring this game and ask for it will get it. meeple

The booking is for Conference room #1. This room is located on the lower level left side downstairs of the main library entry. There is no restriction of food on the venue, but I encourage everyone to keep the venue tidy and be careful while playing other people’s games. Also, consider order food/drinks from the coffee shop inside the Library. This coffee shop is offering special deals to GLOG attendees, so mention your are a GLOG attendee if you buy from them.

There is a key provided by the Library in a DVD case to access the toilets that will be available to all next to the sink. Please don't forget to return the key, so others can access this facility.

Also, please make sure to pack the games you play to the same condition you found them. Any games left at the end of the day will be handed to the 'Lost and Found' desk of the Library, so if you doing exchange, make sure your trade party attend the event.

As always, a quick reminder that young players need to be under parental supervision at all times.

Cheers!
cool

GLOG upcoming dates in 2016 are:

9 January 2016
13 February 2016
12 March 2016
9 April 2016
14 May 2016
11 June 2016
9 July 2016
13 August 2016
10 September 2016
22 October 2016 (This month GLOG is on the 4th Saturday)
12 November 2016
10 December 2016
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio Zambon
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will bring (again) the print-and-play version of "Unfair!". But this time with six theme decks instead of the basic four. I would like to play the new themes "Ninja" and "Gangsters". Hopefully there will be three (or four) people interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
As kids soccer has ended for the year I am right to attend.

Should be there from the start. I'll bring whatever grabs me as I pack the bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there also.
But I managed to get tickets to the Raiders/Sharks game so I'm there till 4pm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rohan Newton
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
I'm planning on being there again Panda. Will bring Scythe, as it's been getting a few plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm bringing some board gaming novices for a day of co-ops!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave, happy to assist in game play with your noobies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Butt
Australia
Watson, Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
Wondering if someone with some experience might be interested in a game of Twilight Struggle at GLOG on Saturday starting at around 1pm? I've played around 15-20 times now against the same person and a bit on the iOS app (rating around 1300 so I'm not a pro by any means) and am keen to broaden my horizons.

Either way I'm planning to be there around 1pm and look forward to meeting some new people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrBaggy wrote:
Dave, happy to assist in game play with your noobies.

What sort on initiation you have in mind? devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a tough one. I tried him on King of Tokyo and he thought that was ok. Then he HATED Lords of Waterdeep (which I picked because I thought he'd like the theme as an old times D&D player).

So I am going full co-op...Zombicide, Police Precinct...and he did say he liked firefly, which I although isn't co-op, at least is multiplayer solo not take that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Hurman
Australia
Oxley
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm coming for the 2nd time and for the 1st time am hoping to be able to play a game or two. Given talk of co-ops I will bring forbidden desert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belle Tissott
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
We shall be heading up for the first time

Bringing some easier midlength games - Five Tribes, Lords of Waterdeep, Stone Age, Machi Koro, Keyflower, Munchkin, 8min Empire. Hopefully enough range for others to find something of interest in there...

Looking forward to meeting you all

...Although, seeing that Scythe is coming along - I'd pretty happily play that!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rohan Newton
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
Belle,

I didn't see your response on here, sorry you missed out on our play of Scythe. Happy to play again if I'm there next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.