Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JT Holderman
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the robot has been kicking my tail with his x2 consume powers. From what I have read in the forums it likely means I am playing too slow.

So any help or advice on speeding up play and getting my own produce/consume engine running faster? Really want to like solitaire vs the robot but right now I have won one out of seven.

Thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The two most useful pieces of avice I can think of :

- Don't select phases that will help your opponent more than you. With the robot, each produce or consume you select helps it build their economy faster AND increases the chance they'll select that phase too (which isn't a good thing). Make sure you profit from the phase more than it does, or don't call it.

- Don't plan only around your own phases, plan around likely phase selections from the robot. Each starting world has their preferences, try to exploit them.

Seven games isn't a lot compared to the Race learning curve, you'll still be learning new tricks after hundreds of games. Don't rush the discovery too much, it really feels good when you understand subtleties by yourself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dystopian wrote:
With the robot, each produce or consume you select helps it build their economy faster AND increases the chance they'll select that phase too (which isn't a good thing).

The robot has a good chance of picking the second of your two phase choices. It will never pick produce/consume x2 unless you picked one of those phases. Here are all the sides of the robot dice:

(Copied from another thread)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dystopian wrote:
- Don't select phases that will help your opponent more than you.

I've not played the robot much but I remember in my first games I really hated picking develop if I thought that the robot would get down a 6 dev chip as it felt like the robot was getting more benefit. After a while I realised that it was probably going to get it down anyway and if it got it down early then later develops probably wouldn't help it so much.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JHolderman06 wrote:
So any help or advice on speeding up play and getting my own produce/consume engine running faster?

My best advice is do not fixate on building a produce/consume engine. If the cards you get naturally and quickly lead you in that direction, then go for it, but produce/consume is only one of many ways to score VPs in this game. Choosing a strategy in advance and waiting for the cards to allow you to execute it will leave you losing every single time. You need to constantly adapt to the cards you draw. It can be tempting to see a potential combo and spend 2-3 rounds waiting to draw the right kind of card, but it is not a winning strategy. It is way better to throw down a card or two for points now rather than waiting for something "better" which will come too late to save you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.